ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.4 Conversion to 2.0 16v sport

2001 Clio 1.4RT
Hi everyone, im from South Africa, I own a 2000 Renault Clio 1.4RT. I found a scrap yard that has a crashed clio sport and I bought the seats and the speedo cluster. I want to know if the 2.0l sport engine will fit in on the same mountings? There are also no customising shops in south africa that do custom renault parts, can someone please give me a reliable site from the uk that I could order stuff from?
Thanks Everyone, will upload pics of what I have done so far.

ValverInBits
wrong section really mate. it's not a project, It's an idea.

The engine fits, you'll want some F4R (that's the 2.0 sport engine) engine mounts, there are 4 of them. Two that hold up the engine (upper and gearbox upper), one that stops it rocking (dogbone), and one little rubber bush between gearbox and subframe.
From the donor car, you'll want:
Engine and gearbox
all ancillaries (altenator, PAS pump, leave the AC compressor on there for starters)
Engine Loom
ECU
Driveshafts
If I were you I'd take the front hubs with brakes and the shocks to match em.

If it's a phase 2 car, then no-one (that I know of) has cracked the immobilisers yet. If it's a phase 1 car then the ECUs can be cracked for about £70.
You have to ask yourself though.....why is the car in the yard? What's that engine going to be like?

edit: if it's phase 2 the Fly-by wire throttle makes things harder too.

2001 Clio 1.4RT
Its luckily a phase 1 then, and im not getting the engine from the scrap yard just a few donor interior parts, I have already started with the project, I just need to still do the engine, rear disc brakes and suspension. Thank u so much for the advice mate, really, no one in my country knows how to do anything to a car!!! im going to upload the changes that ive already made to the car as soon as I can get them up.