ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 TCE in Mk2 chassis??

BMW 130i
Hey

Still an ongoing project. Sadly the engine turned up pretty damaged! Sump was cracked with a big hole in. Oil return pipe from the turbo was bent and split. Got these on order with Renault now though, Insurance from the Courier service is being a real pain as well.

Iv also got all the inter cooler and associated pipework sorted (Went for a universal Alloy one), got a universal oil cooler and SS braided hoses and fittings as well, Iv had a look over and I'm sure the gearbox will match straight up. The mountings for the engine are also identical to the old D4F. Iv gone with the idea or removing the built in cat from the TCE engine and going to get a 200cell SS cat made up with custom down pipe and flange. Got the Dump valve on order with K-tec as well for the engine.

Sadly the project is on hold at the moment as I'm back at university until December. However it gives me time to use the university's facility's and make up the Aluminum flanges for the throttle body and too make up some SS flanges for the downpipes and the bosses. Considering building the down pipe and Cat myself from parts online.

Since my last post iv also fitted the K-tec racing Stealth SS "Sports" exhaust system to the car and removed the sunroof (fixing in a fibre glass panel). The sunroof blanking panel didn't go to plan and so iv had some 3mm SS Flanges made up with 4mm holes in every 50mm. That I'm gonna use with SS pop rivets to sandwich it all together. The Clio sunroof is extremely thin and flexible and was not brilliant to adhere too.

I also eventually gave in and replaced the head gasket, timing belt, aux belt and water pump on the old D4F. It was getting very bad, after removing the timing belt, it was really on its last legs (cracked and very stretchy). The water pump gasket had been leaking through the bottom as well. With the head off I also found the No1 cylinder had A LOT of play in it, suggesting the piston rings are really gone.

So yeah. Ill keep everything updated and include some pictures when I get time. The engine should be going in Decemeber. Got to save the money now for the custom remapping time. Shame I can't get the engine up here as my University has a rolling road and some guys who can really tune well.

02coled

BMW 130i
After me crashing and rolling the car last week this is now off the books sadly. After collecting 90% of the parts together I'm wondering if anyone from this thread is interested in buying all of the parts and trying to complete the engine swap themselves. I can provide a lot of free knowledge of both engines and the process of swapping them over.
Would include:

Very Low mileage 1.2 TDC D4FT Engine
Alloy universal intercooler
Alloy pipework kit
Dump valve T
Alloy oil cooler
Stainless steel braided hose for oil cooler
Alloy AN Fittings for Alloy cooler and SS hose
Haynes manuals for both d4f and d4ft engines

Any offers accepted??

Cheers
Damian

Mk3 clio 1.5
After wondering this question myself for a while, i suppose only mounting issues and engine space would be the concern. As for insurnce what would this be declared as, standard engine or non standard?

BMW 130i
The mounts are exactly the same. Engine space shouldn't be problem either. Insurance would be a non standard engine.

Iv got the engine for sale if you fancy completing the conversion?