ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 progress

clio 1.2 16v
hi guys,
ive had my clio for about 2 months now, but ive never done a progress thread
Unfortunately i havnt been taking pictures of the car before i started !
Will give her a clean tommorow and get some pictures up !

Modifications to date:
172 alloys fitted.
dropped about 80mm on front and 70mm on rear on V-Maxx coilovers.
Colour coded side strips +bullet sprayed silver + diamonds black (all round)
HID Healights.
Hubs+calipers hammerited black.
Dash strips are in the processe of being sprayed black( looks abit naff so thinking of something different, eg. wrapping it in Dollar notes?, Your thoughts???)
Silver Visions.
White L.E.D number plate lights

Modifications coming up:
New backbox + decat. ( any suggestions welcome )
Yellow laminex front foglights.
Colour code bumpers,
Sport grille (should of been first mod!!)
3/4 or pressed number plate ( not decided yet)
Debating wether to de-wiper ?
Colour code handles (not sure how to do this)

and then when i have abit more money saved up, there will be more to come !

as i said, will be giving her a clean tomorrow and then will post some pics up !!

Any suggestions or comments welcome !!!!

Cheers,
Harry

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Get picks up ASAP dude!

Hows the V-Maxx collies? Thinking of getting a set after Xmas!

clio 1.2 16v
will be up in a couple of hours.

and theyre really quite good for the money., the look good, theyre simple to fit, but the only down side ( imo) is how stiff they are, and yes i know that theyre bound to be sitffer than standard, but still it is really bumpy. my problem is i have 172 wheels, so i cant slam it that low otherwise when i go over bumps , my thyre hits the udnerside of the arch. also, i had to buy 20mm spacers so allow the wheels to fit back on without catching the coil on the front !

the higher you have the car, the less bumpy it is. i had it slammed when i first put them on, and it was stupidly bumpy!

just going to give her a clean now, then pics will be up !

Harry

clio 1.2 16v
so, was driving to the shops to get some stuff for lunch, coming back, i was coming around a roundbaout, and so girl in a megane came onto the roundabout without looking, and realised i was taking the next exit to her, and i had to swerve to miss her otherwise i would of been t-boned! and then due to me swerving i nearly got taken out by a truck ! was a scary experience !.
so i got home and did a quick detail (wash and wax) and this is how it turned out :)

P1040871.jpg

P1040870.jpg

P1040869.jpg

P1040867.jpg

P1040866.jpg

P1040865.jpg

P1040864.jpg

P1040863.jpg

P1040862.jpg

before she was clean:
P1040860.jpg

will be getting more pics up as i do more stuff.

Enjoy.

Harry!

comments welcome :)

Vectra
looks good! you going the sport replica route?

other things that you could look into could be:-
Sport 172 Rear
Sport Grille
3/4 Plates
De-Wiper
Carbon Wrap

clio 1.2 16v
i am going the replica look yes. but i dont want it to look too like a 172 because if i pull up at the lights and someone gives it a go, ill be left standing haha.

and when i get payed im buying the sport grille and a exhaust. and then next mod will be the rear bumper.

Thanks for the comments !

clio 1.2 16v
cheers ! and it is quite bumpy , ive raised it up abit since i put them on because it was so bumpy !!, its worth coping with though, made such a difference to the looks !

That's tidy, makes a big change from the pages of chav s**te that appears to be the norm for 1.2 progress threads these days. Wheels and height are spot on.

If it was mine, I'd be getting some 182 Xenons in there, along with an RS Grill, then just keep it mint to stand out from the rest. Exhausts just sound/look stupid on slow cars, trust me I've been there.

clio 1.2 16v
cheers ! i didnt really want it to look chavy and i hope ( dont think) it does look it in any way!

and yer the grill is coming on soon ! and then im going to colour code the bumper/ maybe see about a sport rear bumper.

thanks for the comment !

mk2 ph2
very nice :) where did you get the vmaxx colis? and how much were they roughly i was looking at a set of vmaxx coilovers just want to know if you found cheaper haha

clio 1.2 16v
the coilovers i bought from Rude racing. you get a discount from them for being a cliosport member. and i payed £358 (£378 without discount).

theyre very good coulovers, abit bumpy but i suppose you need to expect that.

thanks for the comments !

Vectra
just been looking at the pics again...its sitting nicely but id lower it slighty more and about splitters if you look in certain threads some people see splitters as cheating and false lows you have probably seen what am on about...but yeah lower it more and keep standard splitter.

when people scrape over bumps and they have some huge splitter looks stupid imo..if you scrape over bumps with standard splitter thats when its cool! haha

MG ZR 1.8
just been looking at the pics again...its sitting nicely but id lower it slighty more and about splitters if you look in certain threads some people see splitters as cheating and false lows you have probably seen what am on about...but yeah lower it more and keep standard splitter.

when people scrape over bumps and they have some huge splitter looks stupid imo..if you scrape over bumps with standard splitter thats when its cool! haha

I've got a skoda splitter. About an inch thinner than the standard one. And I'm lowered approx 60mm. There's a couple of speed bumps and dips that I scrape on.
But it's not that bad

I prefer the standard splitter but my one was scrappy!

Nice looking car too. Rs grille an it'll be even better :) looks like you look after that car too! And yeah nice GTR in the background, jealous hah

Last edited:
  clio 1.2 16v
dont really want to go for the "rally car look" with the mud flaps! imo, i think they look chavy!

and due to me still being on provisional, and having to drve rund with my mum and dad, im keeping it at this height for now due to it being so bumpy when its low.

so when i pass, im going to slam it

Vectra
^^dont listen to him about mudflaps! its a Clio not a Subaru they can ruin perfectly good looking cars!

and yeah ad go lower, like I always say simple but effective mods stand out alot more imo