ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 decat?

Hey guys, im just wondering if its possible to decat my 1.2 and how much itd cost, theres a video i saw earlier ( ) and the cars spitting out flames! and popping like crazy, which is why i'd want it.

after some research some people say go ahead and others say dont itll run lumpy because of the lamba sensor?

Cheers!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I knows it's not a 1.2, but when I decatted my 182, hardly noticed anything in terms of noise etc on a standard exhaust.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
2 bolts at the manifold and a clamp at the other side of the cat, remove it, bash it out with the trolley jack handle and then back together lol mine used to pop like mad!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Well that was a failure today, couldn't get the car high enough to to even touch the catalyst using a car jack.

Called a garage and they said they would charge between 30-90 quid :/

What jack are you using? You should easily be able to get it high enough with any decent jack.

And please tell me you had axle stands for when you got the car up. Messing about with a rusted on cat with the car just being held up with a jack is a recipe for disaster.

What jack are you using? You should easily be able to get it high enough with any decent jack.

And please tell me you had axle stands for when you got the car up. Messing about with a rusted on cat with the car just being held up with a jack is a recipe for disaster.

Just as well I stopped then! I had 1 stand that came with the car, and that was supporting the right side of the car, while the Jack lifted the the front up.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
go to halfords and get yourself a pair of axel stands and a cheap trolley jack, jack it up at both sides to get the front off the deck, stick the axel stands under the long box sections running the length of the car, undo the cat from the exhaust and you should have enough movement to do a DIY decat without touching the cat to manifold bolts and just do it in place!

remember your next MOT will be an issue if you do it this way!

go to halfords and get yourself a pair of axel stands and a cheap trolley jack, jack it up at both sides to get the front off the deck, stick the axel stands under the long box sections running the length of the car, undo the cat from the exhaust and you should have enough movement to do a DIY decat without touching the cat to manifold bolts and just do it in place!

remember your next MOT will be an issue if you do it this way!

Not an issue with mot as I've brought a spare cat and have 11 months to go. And thanks, once it's done I'll be sure to update

So do I. Theyd hear me start the car on the driveway judging by that video!

Do upload a video though, I'm curious to see how it turns out.

Haha each to there own I suppose! And I will do, as I failed to do it myself my sisters boyfriends gonna help. Not sure when it will be but I will definitely update.

My car runs rich and pops and bangs at the minute, so who knows what'll happen haha