ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 Automated Manual - Gearbox Oil

browno

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a bit of an odd request, which I thought the CS masses might be able to help with. At work we've got a 2003 clio 1.2 automated manual, which we're doing some test work on. To do this, we need to get hold of some genuine approved gearbox oil.
If anyone's got access to the Renault parts catalogue, would it be possible to check what the oil is (with a part no. if possible) and if it's different to the standard manual clios. The local dealership say they can't sell us the oil due to health and safety :rolleyes: - don't you just love renault dealers! Therefore I'm trying to get hold of the right stuff from somewhere else.

Unfortunately, for the work we're doing it needs to be the genuine oil, so I'm afraid that I can't just stick in an off the shelf brand that would no doubt be used for a "normal" car.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BMW M135i
Guessing its the quickshift5 box? Which iirc is just an electrically controlled JB1 box.

If so 75w80 will do the job just fine.

browno

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks guys!

As bmh says above - I couldn't remember the renault brand name for it but it is an automated manual (which I assumed was just the standard 1.2 box with the shift/clutch automated).

I just need a part no for the genuine oil (or even some confirmation that the oil is the same part no as the normal manual box!) - I need the original oil as a baseline to compare other stuff to, so it needs to be the right stuff unfortunately!