ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 1.2 8v fault codes

2007 clio dynamique
hi guys ive just read the fault codes from my sisters 1.2 8v thats being running very badly, the codes it gave me are PO141 O2 Sensor heater circuit and PO325 Knock sensor so all im wondering is it as simple as it seems, replace the lambda sensor and knock sensor or could there be something more to it any help would be appreciated thanks

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Codes aren't date stamped so you can never be sure what is current vs what is historic.

Normally I'd advise against clearing the codes as you wipe the context information but in this case I'd be tempted to wipe it and take it for a short drive to see which comes back as current then go from there.

Mick
Diamond Motors

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Both? In that case I'd start by checking/changing if required the H02 as the knock sensor may just be doing its job

2007 clio dynamique
Yes both codes came back , im assuming its the one before the cat that is faulty ? Can i swap it with the one after the cat to get a definate answer as to if it is faulty ? Thanks

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
If there's two then yes, in absence of diagnostics swap em over and see if it fixes the poor cold start and idle.

Mick

2007 clio dynamique
Ok thanks for that , the problem isnt cold start or idle there pretty much ok , but it kangaroos very badly when trying to set off with no power but its ok higher up in the rev range when you get it going

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
See how it goes but I have a massive distrust for EODB codes ("P" Codes) so if you're still having the problem get it on a proper diagnostic rig.

Mick

2007 clio dynamique
Just an update on this , i ordered a bew sensor went to fit it and it was the wrong one but as i had all my tools out i decided id swap front to back , its still the same made no difference , i still have the knock sensor coming up as a fault so should i try changing this ? What faults would a faulty knock sensor cause ? Im really running out of ideas now but im still sure its something simple