ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 2010 gearbox on 28000 miles has failed. £2.7k to fix- advice required.

Clio 172 Phase II
Hi Folks

My girlfriend's gearbox on her 2010 1.2 clio has just packed up ( as confirmed by my local reputable Renault dealer)... the car has only done 28,000 miles. I have been quoted £2800 to fit a replacement gearbox.

Do you think I have a good case to go back to Renault Customer care?

If not, and if I were to source a refurbed replacement gearbox, does anyone know anyone that could fit it? I am pretty sure a dealer wouldn't want to take that job on

Thanks!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Maybe worth a call to Renualt UK as the car is probably not long out of warranty.

If they don't want to know just get your box refurbished.

Clio 172 Phase II
Not sure in truth- I need to check the history/docs. I have a feeling it hasn't got one.
Hi Folks

My girlfriend's gearbox on her 2010 1.2 clio has just packed up ( as confirmed by my local reputable Renault dealer)... the car has only done 28,000 miles. I have been quoted £2800 to fit a replacement gearbox.

Do you think I have a good case to go back to Renault Customer care?

If not, and if I were to source a refurbed replacement gearbox, does anyone know anyone that could fit it? I am pretty sure a dealer wouldn't want to take that job on

Thanks!

Find somebody who can drop the box out then take it to get refurbished/sorted then get the same person to refit the box. It's not that much of a difficult job to remove but I'd look for someone that'll know what they're doing

Clio 172 Phase II
It has had a service, just not a Renault one. Turns out we bought three years warranty with it too , so probably okay!

Clio 172 Phase II
The service interval is one every 18,000 miles or 2 years. . QUOTE=George182;10151526]One service in 3+ years?!

Jesus[/QUOTE]