ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 2002 not starting

Clio 1.2
Hi, hoping someone can help, misuses Clio not starting, can hear a click from the starter when trying but not turning over. Rev and speedo needle flutter very slightly also when trying? Can feel a judge on the gear lever also so something is trying, is this a starter motor problem

Tried cleaning spade connector but no difference, tried jumper leads I case battery low but nothing still.

Help appreciated!

Thanks!

Clio 1.2
Did think that but people keep telling me starter... Immobiliser light flashes until your put key into position 2/try to start then it stays on permanently? Could be key fault? Is immobiliser easy to fix or bypass somehow?

Clio 1.2
Hmmm reading more seems to be definitely immobiliser related (solid light when trying to start car) so could be dodger key fob? Receiver? Argh!

Listerine & Poledo
pull the battery for 10 minutes.
then plug back in
leave alone for 15 minutes

hammer your release fob until it gets back in sync and works

Clio 1.2
Yep, tried holding down beeps after 4 secs or so, pressed remote fob etc but didn't do much... The central locking works ok, just won't start

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Yep, tried holding down beeps after 4 secs or so, pressed remote fob etc but didn't do much... The central locking works ok, just won't start
My central locking was fine on an old Clio but the immobiliser wouldn't disarm, this is what I did;

1. Turn Off the Ignition.
2. Press the central door locking button for 5 seconds or more. Please note: the door should lock and unlock.
3. When this happens, allow 10 seconds and then, the immobiliser warning light should illuminate.
4. Press the remote control once, the doors will then lock and unlock afterwards.

might aswell give this ago for the sake of seeing if it works. Had an immboiliser issue on my 1.2, this fixed it:

1. Put key in ignition and turn to ignition on position (dont try to start it)
  2. count to 30
  3. turn the ignition off but dont remove the key
  4. Turn the key straight to the start position without stopping at all!
from the symptoms does kind of sound like starter motor, have to made sure the battery is fully charged? even though you have used jump leads? tapped the starter?

Clio 1.2
Key trick didn't work, didn't get time to try battery tonight as has to build another fence to stop dog escaping lol did hit starter a few times with a hammer to no avail

When you first put key in and ignition on, immobiliser light goes off but when you try to turn over, starter clicks and doesn't turn over engine then immobiliser light turns solid until you turn off ignition

Clio 1.2
Ok so have since replaced battery and starter motor - immobiliser light not on anymore, but still same clicking from starter area and not turning over? What next?