ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 16v D4F engine swap to 2.0 16v

BMW 130i
Hello

After reading a lot of posts around this forum and the Renault forum website iv concluded that instead of rebuilding my existing D4F engine (because its drinking and blowing oil) that I will get the parts together and do an engine swap.

I am wanting to complete a full engine swap over to the 2.0 lump from either the 172 or 182.
Iv read through a fair few posts for this and I can't find a good enough detailed post/guide which states the exact parts required and/or the parts which from the existing car can be reused.

I believe the below parts begin the list of parts I am going to require:
- 172/182 Full engine
- Sport front subframe
- Engine wiring loom
- Sport gearbox
- Engine mounts
- ECU set (ECU, Transponder Ring, Transponder Chip, BSI Unit and Ignition Barrel)
- Exhaust manifold and complete exhaust system from Sport

I believe I require other wiring looms, but which do I require?
Once I finish the conversion I hope to produce a full guide for the engine swap to help others after
Just wanting to know what other parts are required and any problems which can be encountered.

Iv got a complete rear beam from a 172 coming during the week and so will have this fitted this weekend.
The car is already modified as below:
- K&N Panel filter, aluminium cold air feed
- K- Tec racing uprated and lowered suspension kit (40mm)
- Polybush replacement anti roll and wishbone kits
- OMP Front and Rear strut braces (Anthracite)
- AST Solid top strut mounts
- K-tec racing Camber adjustment bolts (+/-3deg)
- Renault Megan 16" Sport alloys - on Goodyear Eagle F1 (195/45's)
- Brembo MAX brake discs, Green stuff pads and HEL Stainless steel brake lines
- Engine Dynamics quick shift link
- Full wheel bolt stud conversion kit (50mm studs)
- Laser cut 5mm aluminium spacers

Any help would be much appreciated?

BMW 130i
If anyone can direct me to relevant threads or alert me of other members which have undergone the conversion?
Regards

BMW 130i
After checking insurance prices. Its crazy. Going to have wait until I'm over 25 by which time Ill be able to afford the real deal.

Until then I'm looking at engine swaps/conversions to the 1.2 TCE.

Thanks