ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clicking sound comming from left side driveshaft, when moving away, from cold start

172 SPORT PH2
basically, when i start the car up and its being stood still overnight, when im reversing out m drive there like a clicking sound type , like a twanging sound comming from the front left passanger side of my car..

It will only do this on start up and when i move!

Could it be the cv boot, although the garage told me it is leaking, and it just needs a new cv boot, so will this suss the problem

Any additional information, i can completely give you info, just want all this problems sorted! got some plans for the RS!

Help

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Re: Clicking sound comming from left side driveshaft, when moving away, from cold sta

we just put a drive shaft in a fiesta because it had a ticking sound coming from it but it was happening all the time (everything u moved off) but if its only doing it from cold then im not really sure what the problem could be :S cant see it just being the cv boot tho because it would tick all the tome if it has slipped off the Joint

172 SPORT PH2
Re: Clicking sound comming from left side driveshaft, when moving away, from cold sta

Well its like a twanging sound comming from the front of the car, when i pull off, only happens on cold starts, and when its being left over night, or at work.. i can aslo feel it through my clutch cable ...

Megane Trophy, Golf

Sticking brake possibly! or Cv joint is dry which can also cause a noise! You need a CV boot on really! ;)

172 SPORT PH2

yea i got it but i aint got round to fitting it! hopefully that will sort that problem out! could a dry cv joint cause that ?