ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clicking noise during slow stop-start and wheels vibrating over 60mph

Clio 182
Hi guys, recently have noticed a few things with my 2005 182.

Firstly there is a slight clicking noise when I brake lightly during stop start traffic, it doesn't happen all the time it's quite intermittent. I notice it the first time I brake in reverse as well or the first time I brake in 1st gear after being in reverse. I jacked the car up today and you can hear the click once if you turn the wheel to go clockwise then not again, or once if you turn it anti clockwise after having turned it clockwise. Is this the brake pads moving around inside the calliper?

Or is it something to do with my driveshaft? I noticed my drivers side CV joint boot has split so could this be related to my problem?

I have also noticed vibration through my steering wheel when travelling over 60mph. I got my wheels balanced but it's still there. Is this possibly to the clicking?

182T
I'd say one of the springs holding the front pads in has dislodged or fallen out. That would give give a little possible movement in the pads and click if its catching on something.