ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clicking noise?

When I was coming into work today I was turning right and there was an extremely loud "Click" from the steering wheel. It sounded a bit like the noise the indicators make when they turn themselves off after going round a corner but much louder. I had a quick look and couldn't see any trims catching. Has anyone experienced anything like this before?

I just had to move my car and it seems to be happening when I turn left and right now. It seems to happen roughly where the indicators cancel :dapprove: Looks like a trip to Renault!

Last edited:
  Clio Sport 172
i also have clicking noise(s) which seem to happen when i dry steer, starting to annoy now.
i also sometimes get a noise from sounds like the front drivers side wheel when driving hard round a left hander prob cv joint. sounds like im driving it on its rim!

i just dont know if the two seperate noises are the same thing???

i had the wheel off, everything seems fine.

nightmare.

^^ Could be CV joint....

Could possibly be the shock top mount bearing gone. Get the bonnet up and get someone to move the steering wheel left and right whilst you have your palm resting on the top mount. You will feel movement in it but if you get a sudden movement that coincides with the noise you've been hearing then you could be needing new top mounts.