ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning Time!

172 Exclusive #114
Pay attention all you Washing Gurus! Esp. Rich!

I've the following which I've purchased from the very helpful David, and I've finally got a whole Sunday free - so it's CLEANING TIME!

Products:
Chemical Guys Bodywash and Wax
Chemical Guys Laser Buff 321
Chemical Guys M Seal
Chemical Guys XXX Paste Wax
Chemical Guys Wheel Guard
Chemical Guys Synthetic Quick Detailer

Equipment:
2 x Buckets
Microfibre Applicator Pad
3 x Ultra Plush Microfibre Towels
Work Towel
Microfibre Wash Mitt
Waffle Weave Towel

Now, as I understand it, here's the plan:

An inital rinse with water and a scrub with the mitt to remove anything stubborn, after which I give the mitt a quick rinse. Then follow the two bucket method to wash the car using the Chemical Guys Bodywash and Wax followed by a rinse with clean water and drying the whole car with the Waffle Weave Towel.

Now for the following, I understand I can buff them after application with the Mega Plush Microfibre Towels, but what can I apply them with?

1: Use the Chemical Guys Laser Buff 321 as directed on the bottle. (See above question).

2: Next the M-Seal, same question as before.

3: Then the XXX Wax, same question again!

4: Then the Wheel Guard, same again!

I understand the quick detailer can be used after subsequent washes to give it a nice shine.

Please, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

106 GTi
Dont scrub with the mitt just after rinsing with water. Pre rinse the car, then wash using the two bucket method. Anything stubborn left over go back over again.

Application wise I would have used foam applicators for all the products listed.

172 Exclusive #114
Okay mate, as I can't use the hosepipe at the moment I assume a watering can will do the job?

I was thinking I should use the pad to apply, but I've only got one - can I apply all the products with it?

With hindsight I realise there's some more bits and bobs I need to buy, shall I pop to halfrauds or work with what I've got?

106 GTi
Watering can will do fine.

I would not use a pad for different products without washing it first. You can always use a folded microfiber to apply other wise but will not be as easy as a hand pad.

172 Exclusive #114
Okay mate, I'll use the Work Towel to apply as it's got a Microfibre feel and make sure I use a different part of the towel for each product.

Sound ok?

106 GTi
Okay mate, I'll use the Work Towel to apply as it's got a Microfibre feel and make sure I use a different part of the towel for each product.

Sound ok?

Again I would use a different towel for each product. To be honest I would be of to Halfords to get some applicators in the morning before starting the job tbh.

Don't listen to Rich, he never washes his car!

;)

Shocking but true!

172 Exclusive #114
One last thing, how much does it matter if I get the Polish/Seal/Wax on my Windows? If it does, what should I use?

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
One last thing, how much does it matter if I get the Polish/Seal/Wax on my Windows? If it does, what should I use?

try not to. but get AG glass polish. or similar stuff to clean the glass.
you will be surprised how well it comes up.

106 GTi
Polish wax or sealant will do no harm if you get them on the windows, just wipe of as do the paint. Avoid window rubbers with some products.

I wax the windows (not front screen) when I wax the paintwork.

RB 182
Those are fantastic products you using so it should come up a treat when you've finished, it'll probably take a while though.