ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cleaning products for a silver car?

Charged Superleggera
ok guys i basically need an opinion on a cleaning products. im a newbie when it comes to cleaning so i would appreciate an opinion on the following products as im thinking of buying them and also if anyone would like to add to it feel free. its also for a silver car.

autoglym shampoo
autoglym super resin polish
autogym extra gloss protection
autoglym tyre dressing
autogylm glass polish
autoglym metal polish

2 drying towels
detailing towels

also looking for decent wax and also something to protect the wheels as they have just been refurbed

cheers:)

Porsche Boxster987S
ok guys i basically need an opinion on a cleaning products. im a newbie when it comes to cleaning so i would appreciate an opinion on the following products as im thinking of buying them and also if anyone would like to add to it feel free. its also for a silver car.

autoglym shampoo (get duragloss;))
autoglym super resin polish (tick)
autogym extra gloss protection (tick)
autoglym tyre dressing (blackfire or megs hot shine)
autogylm glass polish (tick)
autoglym metal polish (no bad)

2 drying towels (dont get a water magnet - waffle weave is better)
detailing towels ( get the i4d ones)

also looking for decent wax and also something to protect the wheels as they have just been refurbed

(wax - dodojuice light fantastic . . .jamie:eek:)
cheers:)

Charged Superleggera
cheers mate. will the dodojuice work on the wheels as well? sorry for being a noob lol

FFS. There is a reason that the Dodo died out!! Lol.

Agree with the above but for Noobs I would say P21s (now called R222).

Wheels needs something like Poorboy's Wheel Seal, or just simple SRP and EGP.

Porsche Boxster987S
FFS. There is a reason that the Dodo died out!! Lol.

Agree with the above but for Noobs I would say P21s (now called R222).

Wheels needs something like Poorboy's Wheel Seal, or just simple SRP and EGP.

fook off jamie ya wee gimp:nono:

x:eek:

Charged Superleggera
so is egp a substitute for wax in terms of its paint protective ability? also is there any danger to the paint applying srp and egp 2-3 times a week?

Porsche Boxster987S
EGP is harder wearing and a paint sealent.

A wax is purely for looks I tend to find.

do you think so?? I always feel it does give bit more shine and a slightly wetter look but the overall shine and depth depends entirely on the polishing side??

so is egp a substitute for wax in terms of its paint protective ability? also is there any danger to the paint applying srp and egp 2-3 times a week?

Don't do SRP and EGP more than once a month, no need. I top up wax every couple of weeks and re SRP and EGP every couple of months with the machine.

do you think so?? I always feel it does give bit more shine and a slightly wetter look but the overall shine and depth depends entirely on the polishing side??

I no longer like EGP that much. Seen some shots against CG Blitz that the Highlander recommended. Big difference. EGP can be yellowy and be a b**ch to take off wheels when you can't see it.

its a sealant but should be topped with a wax to hold it all in

EGP grips fine without a wax on top. Wax is added protection/beadage/shine.

120d M Sport
Rich always used to reccomend Jeffs Acryllic spray sealant (available from Polished Bliss). Would go fine over the SRP due to being acryllic, good on silver, easy to use and lasts well apparantly

db

db detailing™
I second the CG Blitz... so easy to apply and buff off. Gets the flakes popping nicely too!

i like chemical guys blitz on silver - dead easy to use as well

I second the CG Blitz... so easy to apply and buff off. Gets the flakes popping nicely too!

^^^Hi^^^

I no longer like EGP that much. Seen some shots against CG Blitz that the Highlander recommended. Big difference. EGP can be yellowy and be a b**ch to take off wheels when you can't see it.

Shame it looks so plain ;)

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Love the AG polish, get the purple Megauirs tyre dressing for halfrauds and personally think glass polish is pointless matey.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
CG Blitz it is for me then when my EGP runs out.... R222's is a good all round wax but I think I will try something else when it runs out

PB Wheel Sealant is a Good shout and seems to do the trick on my Wheels as still no Brake Dust sticking :D

Bus w**ker
Can't be that many living on The Edge. I'll just ask every man, woman and child I meet.

"Excuse me madam are you JD?"

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
There are pictures of Lord JD from his many detailing threads Symon

There are pictures of Lord JD from his many deatiling threads Symon

detiling?

DSC08536_lg.JPG

Bus w**ker
His Facefuck profile has led me to believe that he looks like this:
story.jpg

Are my dreams going to be crushed?

BMW E46 330i Touring
FFS. JD=permanent need.

I like SRP, Jeffs Acrylic and then R222 - gives a nice glossy finish but the Jeffs gets the flake popping nicely.

Clio MK 4
I use jeffs acrylic aswell and works well. But think i might get cg blitz once it runs out to see the difference. Thing is on silver its very hard to notice difference between products