ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaned the M3 Evo.

So yesterday I thought I'd try out my new Karcher pressure washer with snowfoam lance and give the BM another coat of wax. Snowfoaming makes giving the car a clean a bit more enjoyable as at times for me I can loose interest whilst cleaning.

So today with a just a simple clean as said, products I used...

Snowfoamed - ValetPro pH Neutraul
Shampoo - Britemax CleanMax
Wax - AG HD Wax
Plastics and Tyres - Megs Gold Class Endurance Tire Gel
Windows - Megs Nxt Generation Glass Cleaner, then RainX'd the windows

A few snaps...

S1055813.jpg

S1055814.jpg

S1055815.jpg

S1055812.jpg

S1055816.jpg

S1055818.jpg

Prior to this clean I gave it a thorough but probably amatuer 'detail' using...

Car washed down with Britemax CleanMax
Clayed using Megs clay kit with AG Rapid Detailer
Menzerna SF4000
AG HD Wax
Poorboys QD+

All put on by hand which is hard work I must admit so comtemplated getting a DA/Rotary in the not too distant future.

Cheers
Nick

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
What a mint car, yes im also going to be buying a Meguiars DA soon.....:)[h=1][/h]

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Very tidy Nick! The car more than belies it's age!

Hd is a fantastic wax aswell. If you're not wanting to fork out for a machine look at some filler glazes. Worth researching.

It's a colour I utterly despise, I have to admit. But it's a colour I'd love to detail!!! Is it metallic?

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I don't like the colour, I also didn't realise they did 5 door versions of M3's.

Megane 225 F1
Not a car you see many of and for that reason I like it AND I'm not even that much of a BMW fan tbh.

Very tidy Nick! The car more than belies it's age!

Hd is a fantastic wax aswell. If you're not wanting to fork out for a machine look at some filler glazes. Worth researching.

Indeed Hd is pretty good, won it at CSS last year and didnt realise then how good it actually was! Lasts ages and beads like mad!

Whats the benefit of a filler glaze? Also when do you apply it in the stages as i've never really heard of it! :eek:

It's a colour I utterly despise, I have to admit. But it's a colour I'd love to detail!!! Is it metallic?

Lol thanks! It is a bit of weird colour as it does look a little dull colourwise, however when you have the sunshine over it it goes a much brighter colour than it is in the pictures and shows it metallic side. If the weathers nice tomorrow i'll try and get a close up of the paint when the paints a lighter colour, hopefully it'll show its metallic side as well as the magenta flip that it has.

Looks like a f**king pensioners car! Nick you minge x

LOL Luke, you up north permanently now? Was going to say if your down this way i'll take you out for a little drive to show you how pensioner it is! ;)

I love it. Proper stealthy motor. Give it a chrome grill and 99.9 % of the public would never know it was so capable/quick.

Cheers Mark as always, i'm on it atm trying to get a standard set of good condition grills for it. Probably just go to BMW tomorrow and get a set ordered up!

Cheers
Nick

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It helps fill in little swirls in the paint mate. Great step just before waxing. Do it simply by hand and work it into the paint.

EZ creme glaze by chem guys is good and Prima Amigo. :)

Gally - Cheers, thats one thing I think I do need to do as there is a few swirls on the car. Have heard of that Amigo on here so may well go with some of that, cheers again! :)

Alan - Thanks Alan, snowfoam in my opinion is pretty good! I cleaned the girlfriends black Golf TDI yesterday which was pretty dirty. Used the snowfoam pretty thick and even after just jetwashing it down it cleaned the car up no end! Made shampoo'ing it after a lot easier and once dried off looked great, one thing that always worries me with black paint is horrific swirls so the snowfoam for me is a must from now on!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Looks great Nick! If you've got time before football this week take me for a spin please ;)

It helps fill in little swirls in the paint mate. Great step just before waxing. Do it simply by hand and work it into the paint.

EZ creme glaze by chem guys is good and Prima Amigo. :)

My bimmer is pretty damn swirly so will give this a go too when I finally get round to cleaning it.

How do the results compare to machine? I understand they won't be the same but in terms of cost, time and skill it does a decent job?