ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clean & Detail Inferno 182 CUP

Renault Clio182 bean
Decided today that I would clean and detail my car as my new exhaust arrived this week, so I got to fitting it ( I know this part isn't to do with detailing so its basically ASW ;) )

Before:

IMG_3208_zps4ff33ca0.jpg

After:
IMG_3519_zps3b0e8431.jpg

Now onto the cleaning/products, buying fairly cheap/basic cleaning stuff at the moment as I have pumped so much money into this since buying it 8 weeks ago (huge list) so I did the best with what I had :cool:.

The products:
IMG_3512_zps6acda8fa.jpg

I started with washing the car twice using the two bucket method and then hand dried the car using the Meguiar's water magnet. Next I clayed the whole car to remove any sap/contaminants from the paintwork. Then I gave the car a quick hand polish using Meguiar's ultimate polish and finished off with some Auto-glym HD wax,

Wax on:
IMG_3513_zps1af91c28.jpg

Wax off: ;)
IMG_3516_zps074ae316.jpg

see finished pictures below.

IMG_3517_zps32e1758d.jpg

IMG_3518_zps4486e3d8.jpg

IMG_3521_zps258554ae.jpg

IMG_3520_zpsb7fc4aae.jpg

IMG_3516_zps074ae316.jpg

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Decent results... Inferno doesn't get much love on here but I really like it on the Clio.

Btw your car isn't a Cup.

Renault Clio 182
That looks fantastic and defo can tell the difference and that's what i need to do change my exhaust from standard.

Renault Clio182 bean
Decent results... Inferno doesn't get much love on here but I really like it on the Clio.

It is a cup, It just hasn't got the cup spoiler pack, and front splitter is missing, but it has the cup suspension package , grey 16" wheels etc, confirmed by Fred at BTM, I checked with him while I was there :rasp:

172 cup
It is a cup, It just hasn't got the cup spoiler pack, and front splitter is missing, but it has the cup suspension package , grey 16" wheels etc, confirmed by Fred at BTM, I checked with him while I was there :rasp:

Looks good! :)

It has the cup suspension pack, but it isn't a cup.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R

It has 1 of the cup packs, Xenons and no doubt a half leather interior with CC means it's not a full blown Cup.

I'm not knocking the car just being pedantic, As I said it looks great.

Renault Clio182 bean
It has 1 of the cup packs, Xenons and no doubt a half leather interior with CC means it's not a full blown Cup.

I'm not knocking the car just being pedantic, As I said it looks great.

Haha, naa its all good mate, just wanted to clear up that its not 'full fat' but it is a 'CUP' but if I bought a spoiler and splitter then its would be full blown I suppose, but neither are important in my eyes ;) however the suspension is.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172

Infernos actually get a decent amount of love on here. Don't think there's many hateful colours tbh

Looks cracking! Great results and love (but wouldn't own) this colour.

And... It isn't a cup ;) it has cup packs. Or some of at least. Either that or it's had a new front end incl xenons and a new interior fitted!

Renault Clio182 bean
Looks cracking! Great results and love (but wouldn't own) this colour.

And... It isn't a cup ;) it has cup packs. Or some of at least. Either that or it's had a new front end incl xenons and a new interior fitted!

Thanks mate, I get it now, mine isn't a cup, just the suspension pack, didn't realise tbf as im new to Clio's. I didn't realise the 'cup' was actually cheaper and comes with less extras so I was infact mis-representing my car to be poverty spec ;). I might buy a cup spoiler and carbon splitter so it would then be a 182FF. Also what do you guys think to carbon wrapping the badges and any black exterior trims? I think black carbon wrap would look really nice against the inferno colour, Surely anything is an upgrade from the bog standard plastic trim? Opinions please :)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Not a fan of carbon wrap personally, Treat the plastics with GT C4 and they'll stay nice and black for ages.

Renault Clio182 bean
Its looks well, but where was the detailing ? As far as i can see it was only washed and waxed.

That's my fault ,:rasp: I could have posted stacks of photos and a huge write up but couldn't be bothered and doubt anyone would care, just a few after shots will do. I cleaned every little crevis and even got the cotton buds out, didn't write/post pictures of the full body clay barring/paint correction/polishing phase, or the paintwork sealant I applied. Neither did I post the pictures of the interior that is immaculately clean ;)