ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clay bar

106 GTi
No one os really to sure how durable Supergard is.

If the grime your lifting of with the clay is under the supergard you will be yes.

Never bothered with the Supergard myself, I would just clay, polish and stick a good sealant on.

Cheer for that you are full of info good to have people like you on this forum so if i wash it then clay and then put NXT Tech Wax on would it be a good idea to put gold class on aswell or the other way round not to sure got the NXT Tech Wax thinking about buying some meguiars on the weekend just trying to make up my mind on what i need from washing to the finish:S

106 GTi
I would use one or the other with Gold Glass and NXT, each will remove each other if used in conjunction.

I would wash, clay and use the NXT myself. You need a pure carnuba wax to use after the NXT rather then the Gold Class. If you want something from Halfords, go for the Meguiars Stage 3 Carnuba. If you shopping on the net look into P21s Wax, Poorboys Nattys Wax or Meguiars 16.

Just looking on the web at the moment the Meguiars site and cant find Meguiars 16 or any other one that people have posted about #80 or something like that. Been reading a lot of post lately on washng and polishing

Cheers will have a look on the web and look around aswell might even get a pc at some stage .Thanks for the help matt

106 GTi
No probs. 16 is a good wax, not the easyist product to use by hand, but is durable and lasts well.

Rich

Ok just having a look at some now what about autoglym site would there be anything on there i have been reading alot of thing about people mixing products aswell

106 GTi
I use Autoglym Super resin and Extra Gloss Protection at this time of year for protection and then use a wax on top.

For the money and the protection offered, plus its easily available of the shelf in Halfords etc, you can't go far wrong with the Autoglym IMO.

Will have a look at that as well i did have the window cleaner and still have got the tar remover and bumper care might just go along the line of autoglym what do you use to apply and remove it

106 GTi
Use there glass plish, fast glass and tar remover here to.

Super Resin, apply by PC and a Sonus green polishing pad, or by hand with a yellow Meguiars foam hand pad. Remove with a Microfier towel.

Extra Gloss, again apply with a yellow Meguiars foam hand pad, and remove after 45-60 mins with a Microfiber towel.

RS 200
I might jump on the back of this thread if I can as r-jay is a wealth of knowledge.

I currently use NXT tech wax that is applied by hand, but I find that it only really lasts properly for just over a week judging by its ability to repell the rain. Is there a better wax to use, like the poorboys and the megs with the odd numbers they have or am I ok to just stick with my NXT.

Also I bought some AG Super Resin at the weekend but waiting for the PC to arrive before I use that ( from the tracking it arrived in the UK from L.A tonight, yippie :) ) I was planning on using one pad for the polish, one pad for the wax then the buffing bonnet to remove. Would it be better removing by hand??

Cheers
Chris ( hopefully catch up with you at the meet r-jay :) )

106 GTi
TELFORDS_LURK said:
I might jump on the back of this thread if I can as r-jay is a wealth of knowledge.

I currently use NXT tech wax that is applied by hand, but I find that it only really lasts properly for just over a week judging by its ability to repell the rain. Is there a better wax to use, like the poorboys and the megs with the odd numbers they have or am I ok to just stick with my NXT.

Also I bought some AG Super Resin at the weekend but waiting for the PC to arrive before I use that ( from the tracking it arrived in the UK from L.A tonight, yippie :) ) I was planning on using one pad for the polish, one pad for the wax then the buffing bonnet to remove. Would it be better removing by hand??

Cheers
Chris ( hopefully catch up with you at the meet r-jay :) )

I am not a big fan of NXT had my bottle since it first came out in the states and only used it a handfull of times!

For durability I prefer AG Resin and Gloss, 5 months protection on my daily driven car. I would apply the Super Resin with a PC + polishing pad and remove with a Microfiber cloth. I find it much easier then using the PC with a bonnet. Try both and see how you go. The resin can be applied so thinly with a PC there wipe off is minimal.

If you go down this route, or ebven stick with the NXT, look into a Pure Carnuba wax to go over the top, same products I suggested earlier P21s Wax, Poorboys Nattys Wax or Meguiars 16, or even Souveran for ultimate looks and dont mind 40 quid for a pot of wax!

What Pads have you got coming for the PC?

Will catch you at the Mids Meet no worries on that one.

Cheers

Rich

RS 200
matt182 said:
How much was that when you got the other bits aswell transformer etc

The polisher kit including P&P turned out at around £125 and the 110V equipment cost around the £45 mark.

So in total everything has cost around £170 give or take a pound or two.

Chris

106 GTi
TELFORDS_LURK said:
Cheers Rich, will give it a try when it comes and I get some good weather, hopefully before the meet :)

Got the Orange, Green and Blue pads coming in this pack: http://www.autopia-carcare.com/son-daspol-kit.html

Am sure tempted by a pot of that P21-S carnauba wax though from what I've just read, think i'll get some on the order now.

Chris

P21s is a great wax on all colours, easy on and off, and looks great. You will like it.

The DAS pads will see you fine. Depending on your paint work you can use the SRP on the Green or Blue Pads.

RS 200
r-jay said:
P21s is a great wax on all colours, easy on and off, and looks great. You will like it.

The DAS pads will see you fine. Depending on your paint work you can use the SRP on the Green or Blue Pads.

Cheers Rich,

P21s has just been ordered, will give it a try with the AG SR on the pads when everything has arrived, sorted and working. Just need to pickup some microfibres, which wont be a problem and I'm done.

Thanks for the help.

Chris

106 GTi
No probs.

Nice one. I recommend the Extra Gloss after the Resin, then you P21s, well worth it.

IMG_5848.jpg

Williams 2
r-jay said:
No probs.

Nice one. I recommend the Extra Gloss after the Resin, then you P21s, well worth it.

IMG_5848.jpg

That what i've got today in the post m8, Megs clay, AG Super Resin & Extra Gloss, P21s wax. Gonna be doing it tomorrow, can't wait:eek:. How hard to you rub the clay bar on the surface m8? Yours looks superb!

106 GTi
Cheers - Let the clay glide over the surface and it should do its job. No need to really scrub at it.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
r-jay said:
Cheers - Let the clay glide over the surface and it should do its job. No need to really scrub at it.

Would i see any benefits claying a brand new car r-jay ? What lubricant do you use .

MrBillyUK !

Williams 2
Kev_md said:
is it easy to use megs clay?

Used mine today, very pleased with the results. Piece of pi$$ to use, just make sure you keep the paint well lubricated. Followed it up with some AG super resin and Extra gloss. Waiting till tomorrow to apply the p21s wax. I'll get some pics up tomorrow.:D

106 GTi
MRBILLYUK said:
Would i see any benefits claying a brand new car r-jay ? What lubricant do you use .

MrBillyUK !

As the cars are shipped over here and sit around at the import centre. Well worth it yes.

Use a plastic sandwich bag, put your hand in it and rub it across the paint (after washing) and see if it catches on anything. If so clay will remove this.

I use a car wash water mix in a small spray bottle. 2 or 3 cap fulls of Meguiars Gold Class Wash in a 600ml spray bottle normally.