ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

classic/old minis

I too love Minis, just had a go in this at Croft this weekend:
n510215821_906631_8353.jpg

black 3 door clio 1.2 16v
buy one with the engine transplant u want already done and add you rown little touches to the body and tuning as there are hundreds about

320d
I've been thinking about doing this aswell, might get an insuance quote on a classic car policy. Only problem i have is i havnt got a garage so it would be outside rusting

320d
Gotta be 21 too for classic car insurance methinks...

I'm sure a lad on a scooter forum i was a member of had a mini on a classic policy. If you do have to be 21 then i'll just do it then, altho i think i'd need a garage tbh.

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
Id also budget for around 3k - 5k if you wanna make a decent job, depending on what engine too... so far mine is upto the 7.5k mark!!!

53 Clio's & counting
I had a mini cooper with twin 45 webbers.

It was a great drive

Flippin eck mate how did you fit those on!?!

I used to do the old trick of cutting the bulkhead and welding a mini battery tray in to just to get a single 40/45 on, how much of the bulkhead was left with 2 on there?! lol

Iv had 5 mini's my last was a 1 ltr mayfair, A+ block over bored (1014cc iirc) with balanced rods and crank, 12G295 cooper head, abviously double springs, 285 cam (far too big lol) and 1.5 roller tip rockers with a 1.5 inch su, made 78 bhp at the wheels and used to rev to 8800 rpm lol, got it up to 113mph on the r/r though the gearing was too long to get over a ton on the road