ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Classic Car Insurance

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Talk to me folks.

Any specific critera have to be met (apart from the car, obviously)?

What company is the best to talk to?

Drivers: 22 and 21
Car: 90-94 MX-5/Eunos

MR2 Mk1.5
You may struggle to get a classic policy unless the car is garaged, a second car, limited mileage, no or few modifications.

Give my company a try, we insure MX5's in high volumes through our affiliation with one of the large MX5 Communities.

When I enquired I was told 5000 miles a year. That was on an old '50s VW Camper.

I wouldn't class a '90s Eunos as a classic car, just get a standard policy on it?

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
@Skyinsurance: It is a 2nd car, however it isn't garaged but it will have no modifications. I just might try you guys, because the usual companies on gocompare etc just aren't giving us a good deal at all. Will I still get a CS discount even though it's not a Clio?

@Fubar: Who was that with?

MR2 Mk1.5
@Skyinsurance: It is a 2nd car, however it isn't garaged but it will have no modifications. I just might try you guys, because the usual companies on gocompare etc just aren't giving us a good deal at all. Will I still get a CS discount even though it's not a Clio?

Yes, please give us a try. Yes the discount will be applied, it doesn't have to be a Clio. Please make it very clear you are a ClioSport member though, or if you would like to save your phone bill PM me your contact details.

Thanks

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Excellent, okay. Won't be until end of September after the wedding's out the way, hopefully the C2 is gone within the next couple of weeks though.

Anybody else got experience with CC insurance?

MR2 Mk1.5
There is no age limit set in stone for classic car insurance, it will vary from company to company, most will be over 30's, some will be over 25's, if you look hard enough you may find a company with lower age limits but no insurer I know if is going to insure a car on a classic policy with the mileage you have planned. Classic policies are all about presenting a low risk to the insurer by restricting the mileage, keeping the car in a garage etc

172 Ph1, 1972 Mini 1
I have a classic car policy for my mini and have had for a few years now. Basically i think mileage and storage will be your issues, for my policy it has to be less than 5k per year, no drivers under 25 and must be stored on private property.

The garage part only comes into effect on mine if the car is in bits, a benefit of a classic car policy is every individual item is insured when off the car as long as its in my locked garage or i am paying for a service to be performed on it.

The other benefits of the policy are guaranteed value and retention of all parts FOC in the event of an accident. Its fairly comprehensive and cheap but as Skyinsurance said the mileage and storage may well be the killer for you.

Also on my policy all named drivers must be insured fully comprehensive on another vehicle in order for the policy to be active.