ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Civic ek9 vs clio 172

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having owned eg6's, ep3's and an ek9 id say the Clio would get spanked tbh
dont get me wrong i love my 182, but they're not as quick in a straight line. Round the bends however I think they'd be a better matched

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
He's got VTEC yo, bet he's easily taken Lamborghinis and Ferraris. Should be an even match for a Veyron, VTEC is like 4 turbos.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Having owned eg6's, ep3's and an ek9 id say the Clio would get spanked tbh
dont get me wrong i love my 182, but they're not as quick in a straight line. Round the bends however I think they'd be a better matched

​My thoughts exactly.

Both completely stock example's i'd say the Ek9 would be faster in a straight line and around the Track if driven by someone who can drive. IMO of course.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Nosense.

A Phase 1 is more than capable of keeping with an Ek9.

You should read what I said properly.

An EK9 handles better than a normal 1*2, has recaro seats, decent wheels and is quite a special car, hence why I said the Trophy is more of a direct comparison, it's the best handling stock clio 1*2, recaro seats, nice wheels and again is a special car of its range. Yes a ph1 would be able to keep up in a straight line, but through the bends it wouldn't keep up, whatsoever

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
You should read what I said properly.

An EK9 handles better than a normal 1*2, has recaro seats, decent wheels and is quite a special car, hence why I said the Trophy is more of a direct comparison, it's the best handling stock clio 1*2, recaro seats, nice wheels and again is a special car of its range. Yes a ph1 would be able to keep up in a straight line, but through the bends it wouldn't keep up, whatsoever

I did read it, and i still disagree. :)

Monaco 172
I have looked on youtube for ages looking for a video to go from but as you said they all look like they were using nokia 3310 whilst playing snake!

All you hear from honda owners is vtec yo or jdm bro!

Status
Not open for further replies.