ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Citrus snow foam..

Black Gold Trophy
I've got the cleanyourcar.co.uk super snow foam.... using a gilmour foam master...seem to have to use so much of it to get the job done... A gallon container of the stuff only seems to last 6 or 7 washes!

Black Gold Trophy
sorry I know that wasnt the response you were looking for but I was just saying that didnt seem to be any good!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
^^^No probs

I'm running my snow foam through a powerfull Karcher pressure washer, with foam gun with great results.

With winter on the way, i was thinking about the citrus snow foam would have better degreasing powers?

Black Gold Trophy
do you find you have to use a silly amount though in order to get the desired results?.... the citrus snow foam would seem better providing it doesnt strip the wax/sealant!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
do you find you have to use a silly amount though in order to get the desired results?.... the citrus snow foam would seem better providing it doesnt strip the wax/sealant!

I only fill the litre snow foam bottle with a inch of snow foam, the rest is filled with warm/hot water.

here is a pic.
1sep08034.jpg

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I wondered about the citrus snow foam. I also only use about an inch of the snow foam rest water, must have done 10 washes and not used 1/4 of the bottle.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Be really carefull with the cirus snow foam, it is a corrosive and a very very strong alkali. It will definately strip LSP and isn't really all that good for your paintwork and seals. Even the regular super snow foam is basically a TFR which works great for cutting through the kind of dirt you'd get on cars, you really don't need anything stronger. The really strong corrosive TFR's IMHO don't really form a part of 'detailing' products. More something you'd find at a truck wash.

For strong washing all you need is super snow foam, for a premium foam that still cuts dirt and foams the best look at the Valet Pro PH neutral stuff, it's a realy good product.

Tim

Citrus Snow Foam is a highly concentrated cleaning solution, this is why we recommend only using half an inch in a 1 litre bottle Foam Lance topped with warm water.

Used correctly just like regular Snow Foam it will not strip wax.

The Valet PRO pH neutral Snow Foam is good stuff also, currently out selling Citrus about 5 to 1.

clio 182 & Fiesta RSTurbo
Citrus Snow Foam is a highly concentrated cleaning solution, this is why we recommend only using half an inch in a 1 litre bottle Foam Lance topped with warm water.

Used correctly just like regular Snow Foam it will not strip wax.

The Valet PRO pH neutral Snow Foam is good stuff also, currently out selling Citrus about 5 to 1.

Any recommendations on type of pressure washer to get a nice thick foam?

Am currently looking into getting a pressure washer but want to be able to use snow foam and not have it look like water on the car. :)

This sort of thickness.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=d7dbG5_UglY&NR=1

Last edited:

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
^^^I can get my snow foam that thick. i'm using a Karcher PW K3.99 with a snow foam gun from i4detaling..

just fill the bottle of the foam gun with a inch of snow foam, and the rest of the bottle with warm water, and turn the dial on the foam gun untill you get the thickness you want.

^^^I can get my snow foam that thick. i'm using a Karcher PW K3.99 with a snow foam gun from i4detaling..

just fill the bottle of the foam gun with a inch of snow foam, and the rest of the bottle with warm water, and turn the dial on the foam gun untill you get the thickness you want.

So your karcher k399 is sufficient enough?

I want to use snow foam cos of living in the countryside winter is here and well tractors + rain+ trucks = Very dirty roads lol.

Thanks very much for the advice. :D

When i get my pw i'll take a pic of the thickness.

^^^^Yes mate, more then enough power to produce thick snow foam when used with....

I look forward to the pics :)
HDFOAMLANCE1.jpg

Well it'll be a few weeks or so before i get my pw as back at work on monday been off work for 4 months with a knee op.

So as soon as i get my pw i'll get pics sorted.