ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cisco Brain Meltdown - Need included.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Switch2# Format flash:

Oh, f**k. No, wait. I didn't mean that. s**t. Currently XModeming IOS 12.2 back on to it now. :eek:

It's nearly weekend - that's my excuse.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Haha!

I watched a work experience kid take the flash out the back of some routers before.. my boss nearly killed him with fire :p

Better than yours. C*nt.
Worse is the customer is on site today looking at his hefty new investment.

"Yeah, they're going great - proper good kit like!"
"That one's flashing different to the others"
"Yeah, I'm just on that one configuring it. All good!"

Ow! Feeling a little uncomfortable!

Megane 230 F1
Haha!

I watched a work experience kid take the flash out the back of some routers before.. my boss nearly killed him with fire :p

Nice thing about Cisco boxes is that this'd have no effect until either someone tried to write the config or the box/linecard got rebooted.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Worse is the customer is on site today looking at his hefty new investment.

"Yeah, they're going great - proper good kit like!"
"That one's flashing different to the others"
"Yeah, I'm just on that one configuring it. All good!"

Ow! Feeling a little uncomfortable!

That touches on my idea for the GTFO Box. Made by Ronco, it literally is a box with a CAT5 port on it (the Pro version has a few USB slots chucked in for good measure) - and has random green lights on it.

Green lights, because it looks like everything is working and an occasional orange light which the customer (like that above) will comment on. Simply use a typical fudge-answer that you're going to make it green like all the others.

Btw, the GTFO Box actually does f**k all - other than looking flashing and looking quite pretty. Just needs a few AA batteries to run. ;)

D.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Shouldn't take too long providing he backed up the config files .. i'm guessing not though lol

Better than yours. C*nt.
No config - spanking new switches, just needed to get 12.2 52 on it before it went on site. Took 2 hours to get the basic BIN on it, then a quick fuckaround and the full WDM package is on.

182 Trophy & 106 Rallye
This may be a stupid question but if you realised you had accidentally erased the flash why did you reload it?

Also if you really have to use xmodem then set the baud rate in rommon to the fastest it will support (probably 115200), kind of obvious but i didnt think of it the first time i had to recover a switch :eek:

Better than yours. C*nt.
This may be a stupid question but if you realised you had accidentally erased the flash why did you reload it?

This may be another stupid question, but as opposed to what? If I leave it, it'll go fine until it gets moved, or I can XModem it back on?

Also if you really have to use xmodem then set the baud rate in rommon to the fastest it will support (probably 115200), kind of obvious but i didnt think of it the first time i had to recover a switch :eek:

I did, might have been a n00b error but I'm far from a n00b. Just a brief 'moment'.