ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chugging Noise 1.5 DCI

Oil Burner
My 1.5 DCI 80 has just developed a chugging noise. It is naturally consistent with RPM. The sound seems to be coming from the front left (as you look at it) of the engine. Around either the cam belt/starter motor (or at least i think that's what it is!?)

I had a Cambelt and Waterpump done about 500 miles ago.

I first heard the chugging when driving, so i know that the performance etc... hasn't been affected by this.

The sound doesn't start for a few seconds when you start the engine. Im not sure if this is just because the engine isnt turning over fast enough or if it is related in some way to the starter?

The Aux belt is in perfect condition, so it isn't this catching. And i've peeked at the Cambelt as best as i can through the cover and the small part i could see appeared in perfect condition.

Im not sure if it could be the first injector, this has lots of oil around it, but it sounds more mechanical and less of a chuffing noise. Also this injector sits right next to the oil cap so i figure the oil is just as likely from spill.

Any help greatly appreciated!