ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chris's 172 Cup Turbo

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Been a month or so since I last updated on the car. With FCS and the weekender events out of the way the car has now been sorn at least until next year.

A lot of people think i'm mad, asking "why!?" especially given the time of year and to be totally honest it's the running costs when I want to save for a house (he says after just paying to boost a clio lol). Instead i've got myself a DCI80, £380 a year insurance and £20 a year tax which works out half of what the Cup was costing not even including the fuel. I'd happily run it as a daily if I wasn't on minimum wage.

The car isn't going anywhere, i'd struggle to find another one like it. I'm determined not to be one of the many others who seem to boost a Clio and then sell up after just a few months.

So for now there's nothing new planned and won't be any more mods for some time. Although next improvements to the car will all be suspension related and perhaps a diff to be honest i'd rather just save to get it back on the road sooner. Here's the last photo for a while. Cheers for reading!
IMG_2725%20copy_zpscrv6numq.jpg

Last edited:
  172 cup
Been a month or so since I last updated on the car. With FCS and the weekender events out of the way the car has now been sorn at least until next year.

A lot of people think i'm mad, asking "why!?" especially given the time of year and to be totally honest it's the running costs when I want to save for a house (he says after just paying to boost a clio lol). Instead i've got myself a DCI80, £380 a year insurance and £20 a year tax which works out half of what the Cup was costing not even including the fuel. I'd happily run it as a daily if I wasn't on minimum wage.

The car isn't going anywhere, i'd struggle to find another one like it. I'm determined not to be one of the many others who seem to boost a Clio and then sell up after just a few months.

So for now there's nothing new planned and won't be any more mods for some time. Although next improvements to the car will all be suspension related and perhaps a diff to be honest i'd rather just save to get it back on the road sooner. Here's the last photo for a while. Cheers for reading!
IMG_2725%20copy_zpscrv6numq.jpg
Will the dci be touched? An pics

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Well that didn't last long... the Cup is now insured and back on the road. DCI is still the daily but at least I can drive the Cup whenever. It feels stupidly quick now after not driving it for over 3 months. Last service was only 3K ago but that included a track day so got it serviced today. So happy to be back in the Cup!
New oil and a quick checkup.
cup%20upload%202_zps7f5fqi1q.jpg

cup%20upload%204_zps6fmstsfm.jpg

cup%20upload%205_zpsan66cntl.jpg

Ready to be driven

IMG_3262_zpstqquordm.jpg

cup%20upload%201_zpsvfyv35yg.jpg

cup%20upload%203_zpsawn8rwy6.jpg

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
So a few updates on the car, it's still going well. Passed MOT with no advisories last month.. happy days!
Everything is going well with the turbo kit but the clutch started to slip really badly so i've had a Helix Organic clutch fitted by ED which is actually really nice to drive.. it handles the power so well now.
And finally some wheels with tyres came up for sale nearby and I needed some new rubber so that was that! Here's some photos:
Taken last weekend with Turini's on...
cup2_zpsnsnjlhtk.jpg

cup4_zps815nnxoo.jpg
http://[URL=http://s1302.photobucket.com/user/cjgower/media/cup6_zpsxofnpyhg.jpg.html][ATTACH=full]1313617[/ATTACH]
...and with her new shoes fitted!
[ATTACH=full]1313616[/ATTACH]
[IMG]http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag133/cjgower/cup6_zpsxofnpyhg.jpg
IMG_0215_zpscnjcrrla.jpg

Attachments

• cup5_zpshfonpfd6.jpg
    cup5_zpshfonpfd6.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 125
  • cup6_zpsxofnpyhg.jpg
    cup6_zpsxofnpyhg.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 127

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Love it. You can't beat 2118's. just needs a drop to fill the arches out nicely. :smile:

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Do you have the brembo 4 pots on yours? I only ask as I'm amazed they clear the wheels.

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Yes @BoostedSi, wheels fit but there's less than 4mm clearance. Wheels are ET43 and i'm running 280mm discs with 10mm spacers. I'm pretty sure the 4 pots have had some machining down to fit.
Not up until now @imprezaworks , just had a look. Current Eibach Pro's state a 15mm drop and these are double so it's very tempting....

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Grams lowering springs ordered today... should have them on this weekend. I'll get before and after photos seeing as there's virtually none I can find for anyone else considering them. Can't wait