ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chris' Petrol Blue Project

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Goodwood was great. 7x 15min sessions during the day. Not a huge amount of seat time but thats pretty good going for Goodwood. The car was spot on. Suspension refresh has worked wonders and with the new springs and Strut brace the car feels great. Took quite a fair bit of video doing the day.. Just trying to sort through it. Have dug out my Best lap. 1:44:13 going by video timing.

38413957821_9a7a5d0aa4_z.jpg

38414238471_1ec0e96661_z.jpg

38382746022_7d07cc7ed4_z.jpg

This coming weekend il be getting the car ready for storing away. Was planing on doing the Pistonheads day at Goodwood again in December then storing it but iv decided to bring it forward and put it away this month :)

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Cars in storage now !

Its tucked away in an Air Conditioned warehouse flanked by 2 Porsche GT3 Cup cars and a Sonax 190e DTM car. And tomorrow a Merc SLR !

Wont be seeing it agin until at least March. Once its out its going to need a Cambelt and a full service. On the lookout for a runaround until then.

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
Cars in storage now !

Its tucked away in an Air Conditioned warehouse flanked by 2 Porsche GT3 Cup cars and a Sonax 190e DTM car. And tomorrow a Merc SLR !

Wont be seeing it agin until at least March. Once its out its going to need a Cambelt and a full service. On the lookout for a runaround until then.
Nice, how'd you score a place like that??

Also great driving at Goodwood mate, very smooth.

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Petrol Blue rattle can job 🙈

It will get looked at at some point by my mate who has touched up the car before. Wont be happening for a while yet as the cars got a few more trackdays in her yet. He's fully booked up until Mid January now anyway.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I don’t think people understand quite how much storage or garages cost these days.

£105 a month for temperature controlled, 24hr security and insurance is a decent rate I’d say.

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
I don’t think people understand quite how much storage or garages cost these days.

£105 a month for temperature controlled, 24hr security and insurance is a decent rate I’d say.

It’s decent. I split a unit 3 ways in a cheap area. Council owned and rent privately for £250 a month. It’s more of a workshop than storage but you can see this ain’t a terrible deal.

I also keep a couple of classics in my personal garage, if I didn’t have this then you would easily lose £1200 in a year on the value of those by leaving them outside all year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Got a phone call from the storage company this morning to say the Clio was leaking !!! Turned out to be the headlight washer again, its been an ongoing issue where the nozzle starts weeping ! Must be something to do with the pressure or some magic as its happened before when its been sat. Got down there and it had already stoped and been cleared up. They had re-connected the battery and i took the opportunity to take it down the road and back :smile: Coming from a creaking old Micra into the PB again was nice. Got it parked up again ,next to the SLR and now 18 different Porsche's, ranging from old 911's up to a 997 GT3, and disconnected the battery once again and got the cover back over it.

Was going to do a 2017 write up before Christmas but a load of stuff got in the way. So here it is......

Started off really New Years day planning some trackdays and taking advantage of a sale with OpenTrack and booking Brands for early February. Had a set of Turinis to go on with new Federal RS-r's and some new Pads. Also had to deal with yet another Alternator going pop ! Got hold a brand new one this time and *touch wood* its been fine since. Had a great time and will be returning in 2018. Spent the rest of the colder months going to Surrey Rolling Road and swapping the Turinis over with the standards and back again !

32900463042_b5126bff47_z-jpg.jpg

Come the Summer months I really wanted to get the paint work sorted. After being attacked by myself for 3 years it had developed some pretty impressive swirls and light scratches. Took it to Vii Car Care (Dawn) for her to work over the paint and fully seal it. Turned out amazingly. Pictures don't ever really do Petrol Blue justice as its hard to capture the way it changes in a photo. Wanted to make trip to Wales in the summer but it never got off the ground. Also wanted to do a couple of car shows but only ended up going to OriginRS again. Was a great show as always. Really do plan this year do get to a few more.

34807720001_56171bd0f9_z-jpg.jpg

37454765021_dac9bfa990_z.jpg

After the summer i know i wanted to do at least one more trackday. Goodwood was booked again with OpenTrack. Also got rid of the original wheels and got a second set of Turinis. Also had a full re-fresh with the suspension. New and improved everything. Really made a difference with road driving, and on track the whole package really came together. Shame i didn't enjoy the car one some Welsh tarmac really. It would go so well round the Brecons now.

36297252850_7d9ae2e754_z-jpg.jpg

38382746022_7d07cc7ed4_z-jpg.jpg

And soon after Goodwood i had the car put into storage. Plans for 2018 are coming together. After todays little drive in the car it feels like its needing new engine mounts. Also when it comes back out its off for belts and anything else it needs. Will also get the Lacquer peel sorted out as soon as possible. Still a lot to do with the car which is good as its staying for good.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah extra 2 hp, did you know anybody, who see on dyno difrences?
The RS2 is a tried-and-tested product that not only offers performance gains of more than 2bhp but tends to hold good value on the used market, is a quality-looking product, doesn't affect reliability, allows you to retain features like cruise control, but also signifanctly enhances driveability with a flat torque curve spread across a greater rev range. Is there a downside?

Clio Williams
Hmm, just wonder does it work. I saw numbers on dyno on two clio, and both off them loose Nm. So something is wrong.

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
There are other more dedicated threads on the ins and outs of the RS2 mate.

I have done my research and spoken to some very knowledgeable people on the matter. Im fully aware of the Pros and Cons. Il be updating tomorrow and also making a video about it all.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Ok, maybe on road you need torque on low rpm...cause on trackday i don't see it

Coming out of a hairpin?!

Look at the track layout of Mallory park. when I had the RS2 fitted with GrpN timing I was 3 seconds faster than a mate in a 220bhp itb 182.

Its nice to be different too.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Yeah I was paranoid it was leaking when I first had it but I’ve done about 5 smoke tests on it since and it’s never leaked.

Get it fitted anyway lol

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Just read this thread. I love that colour. The RS2 will be a great addition too mate. I would love to see a Petrol blue dropped on 2118’s. Think it is my favourite colour after Racing Blue. Very clean example, a credit to you mate.

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Got started cleaning off the silicone today ! Also managed to swap the blank over on the fuel rail.

39767811354_bf389b0f37_z.jpg

39767813594_b825134fbb_z.jpg

40435098742_3ffabb21ba_z.jpg

25607265277_4ca4c1c463_z.jpg

As said in the video, it won't be fitted for some time yet. Probably May/June !!

Speedy300

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I think I passed you giving it beans over Goodwood at 10 am this morning.

Good to see the car up and running for the summer ahead!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Nice mod plans
My RS2 has transformed the car, 2nd gear on trackdays is a thing of the past as I've actually got torque at 2500rpm now. Peak means nothing, who needs an extra 10lbft at 6800rpm? Need bhp then, not torque.
Went from stealing second from time to time at cadwell to 3rd pretty much everywhere now bar the mountain approach and even then can't decide which works best, 2nd or 3rd

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
After an amazing time in America at the beginning of March the Clio is back out of storage :)

Crossed off a bucket list item whilst out in Arizona :)

39315193650_d209b42889_z.jpg

The Clio was taken out the day after we returned. It fired up straight away :) Been driving around now quite a bit getting used to it all again.

26261409047_16b18b2650_z.jpg

26261406997_1eb97a88b8_z.jpg

One of the reasons for storing it over winter was to keep the flaking lacquer from getting any worse. It looks bad but thankfully its not grown any bigger :)

26261413047_916d9fdc07_z.jpg

Also have started stockpiling bits ready for the RS2. Still need a few items. Should be ready for May-June :)

40412959044_b553b99384_z.jpg

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Had the well over due cam belt replaced this week by Gary @ The Clio Man in Littlehampton. Also fitted the engine mounts for me. Loads of pictures got sent over just how out the timing was on the previous belt change. Tipex was everywhere ! Gary reported the inlet looked liked someone had tried to setup some 197 cams with out trying and the Exhaust was worse. it might be the engine mounts as well but it feels a whole lot quicker now its timed correctly. The gearbox mount was shot also.

Will be a shame once the RS2 is in and i have to get rid of the standard inlet. I really like the way it is now :)

26424822237_2afda85fee_z.jpg

40400688025_5a67abc4f8_z.jpg