ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ChipsAway

My front bumper is covered in stone chips... and i mean quite badly.

would a company like chipsaway be able to sort me out... or should i just get it resprayed?

anyone had any experience of this?

Octavia VRS
I'm going through the same just now. My cousin has a paint shop so going to see if he will give me a good deal

here is what its like all over:

chips.gif

cock mobile.
That's what Chips away do. They will sand if off (somehow) and spray it.

I had mine done and it was perfect, bloody great job. I think it depends on who they send you, would defo go back to the guy that did mine in the Northants area.

how bad were your chips sh33n?

i just guessed they wouldnt do large surface areas such as a whole bumper!

did they charge much?

cock mobile.
It was about £90+VAT and a very good price, he was there about 3-4 hours, even mixed the paint four times before he was happy with it.

I had large scuffs where my bro scrapped his bumper against mine. It was all over the corner.

He basically ended up spraying half the bumper as he blended in the paint (as it is impossible to get it 100% the same) in this way you cannot tell it's even been done.

It was a very professional job and did it at work; so no need to book it in anywhere, was also a LOT cheaper than any other quotes I got.

Hope that helps.

yeah, cheers mate.

might have to phone for a quote. My biggest worry is them not matching the paint properly.

cock mobile.
He had all the equipment and asked for the paint code before hand to make sure he had the correct mix paint in stock.

I was very worried about that as well, being the Cup Blue thought it would be very awkward, but he matched it no problem, like I say, he did it four times before he was happy to apply it.

106 GTi
Ask around about how good your local chips away guy is. Some are very good, but if you get a bad one like I did they make things worse than it was before!!!!!

The repairs are only as good as the guy doing it in your area.

BMW 125i
i had a visit from ChipsAway last week and he charged me a great price for what he did!!! i had a few chips down the passenger door so he resprayed the whole lot making sure it faded out! i also had little chips done, they basically just use a little black paint and cover it up, you can tell which places have been covered up but its really minor and you have to be looking for them. i imagine with your bumper they would respray the whole lot! i only got charged £200 for one curbed alloy, bonnet chips, passenger door, burn mark (which seems to have disappeared ;) ) removal of a small dent and a whole interior valet, all including vat so well worth i thought!!! oh and a windscreen repair!!

GW Clio 200
Did they do a good job on your Alloys..

I am thinking of using lepsons for my alloys as they are scuffed pretty badly, but if chip away are good I'll go with them, seen as its to your door an all!!!