ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

chips away. have you used them b4?

Alright all

As you might guess from the title of this thread i need some touch up repairs to my motor. Some muppets have hit my driver front wheel arch/bumper and the back passenger side and left scrapes in the paint work....right down to the bumper as i can feel a indent in the paint when i rub my finger over it. f**king muppets!

Anyway has anyone had experience using chips away before? I have been quoted £140 + vat for the job which he expects might take 4 hours.

Queries i have are
Did they do a good job?
IS price good value (even though u dont know the extent of the scrapes - i am a bit of a sad bastar when i comes to these things)

I would be using Edinburgh chips away
Any help would be appreciated.

Ta

Last edited:
  Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
i've used them before and are very good, cheaper than going to a repair shop i think :D and they come to your house !!

106 GTi
They are only as good as the local person in your area. Ask around and find out who has had work done by them and check it out first. The local guy round here is Sh*t leaves it worse than before he started!

If you are in the Edinburgh area then I would avoid chips away at all costs - I got him to sort a few chips on my rear wheelarch and he made a complete arse of it, the paint shrunk and started to crack 2 days later. It cost me £125 last year - complete waste of money. You would be better off getting it sorted by a bodyshop who actually know what they are doing.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
r-jay said:
They are only as good as the local person in your area. Ask around and find out who has had work done by them and check it out first. The local guy round here is Sh*t leaves it worse than before he started!

I agree r jay i bet my local guy outside a Halfords and i wasn't very impressed with him, i wouldn't trust him with my car:dapprove:

cheers for info.

i think if i use him i will ask him for a demonstration or perhaps some good refs.

anywy off to MRM this weekend to see what they say. after all if they are good enough for ferrais and porshes then they might just be good enough for my 182...