ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chipping a 1.2 16v Dynamique a good idea?

Completely pointless.

In the nicest possible way, I hope you don't work anywhere important as you clearly work with idiots.

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
Pointless, especially on a 1.2. I doubt that particular chip even does anything - probably just a dummy bit of plastic for a placebo effect...

Some diesels do respond well to tuning boxes (which aren't anything like that eBay 'chip'), but I still don't like them - would only really be a 'good' option if there isn't a dedicated re-map available. Can end up causing more trouble than they're worth.

Turbos.
Well, to be fair the Diesel Tuning boxes reap good rewards. No one remember Edde? He was the sole guy on here who bothered, great guy!

When it comes to your 1.2 16v though, it would be pointless. Get saving for your next car instead, or focus on other modifications. You could do the usual filter/exhaust/chip route but you will get a few BHP for a couple of grand. Really not worth it; your car will still be slow.

1.2 16v clio
lol to be fair they are apprentices so are 17 - 18 hence why I thought they had just fallen for a cheap gimmick. Well in their case not so cheap...one guy spent £90 :eek:

oh and I am an aerospace engineer but before you get worried these guys are our maintenance engineers haha

1.2 16v clio
Well, to be fair the Diesel Tuning boxes reap good rewards. No one remember Edde? He was the sole guy on here who bothered, great guy!

When it comes to your 1.2 16v though, it would be pointless. Get saving for your next car instead, or focus on other modifications. You could do the usual filter/exhaust/chip route but you will get a few BHP for a couple of grand. Really not worth it; your car will still be slow.

Oh I see....yeah gonna get saving for some turini's instead :)

tuning boxes kill diesel clios.
Depends on the type but on the whole i wouldn't bother get a proper remap or bettter still don't bother enjoy the car IMO or increase your driving with training or track days will make for a better and quicker driver.

Im not a good driver but can push my clio round at a decient speed which if anyone on here remembers me will agree it isn't bad for 65hp.

Clio 172 PH1, Mini
If it was that easy then everybody would be doing it. They cause more damage then you see in gains.

Listerine & Poledo
If they fitted ebay chips to their cars and started raving above massive gains (y0!) then they clearly aren't Masters of Physics

MCS R56
Ah, I see. Can't comment on the E-Bay chips but some of the others are good. No complaints about mine and good gains!

1.2 - eh, naw. Don't bother. Better stripping it.

Chale should of bought this would of saved £489.55

on a serious note dont bother it wont do anything at all.