ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Check this out

Yozza'd Titanium 182
Ok once again people the good old clio is fooked lol 1 in 30 times i turn the key in the ignition nothing happens...
It doesnt try to start or anything, all that happens is the little red light on my dash board flashes i relase the key and try again... and it always works 2nd time...

Anyone experianced this?
Any help would be good... Ta

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
The key doesnt need the battery in it to start the car. THe battery is only for the remote locking.

it could be that the transponder chip in the key is faulty or even the ring around the ignition barrel that picks up the signal from the key.

Oddly, when it happend to me i apply pressure to the button on the key ( pressing it but not enough to push it all the way to activate it, if you get my meaning!), it deactivated the immobiliser straight away. This proved to me that i needed a new key.

Coilovered Clio Dynamique
I have a v odd problem with mine, in the mornin sometimes nothing happens when i try turning the key but if i push the car forward about a foot and try again it will start!

mk4 golf gttdi180
I have a v odd problem with mine, in the mornin sometimes nothing happens when i try turning the key but if i push the car forward about a foot and try again it will start!
this sounds like a loose battery terminal check the 13mm on the posative

Coilovered Clio Dynamique
I have done, someone said it may be a loose wire in the fuse box or an immobiliser problem! The joys of french cars!