ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheapish mods to make my Clio more fun to drive

Renault Clio
I absolutely love driving my Clio it's a great little car but after 2 years I want to start adding some bits to make it look a bit nicer and stand out as right now it's stock and very boring to look at

Any ideas people have would be greatly appreciated looking for stuff that isn't going to break the bank definitely thinking new alloys so options for those would be great

Have already sprayed the bumpers black again since the photos below
IMG_2018.JPG
IMG_2020.JPG
IMG_2021.JPG

2003 Clio 172
PS3 tires alll around, 100 quid for set on eBay. Springs, pads and camber bolts. 250 quids worth. I wouldn’t bother with anything else, save up for 1*2. Maybe a headlight resto kit as well ;)

Agree about the headlights. Whilst it obviously won't add anything to the fun factor, it will look immeasurably better. Get a selection of wet and dry and some cutting compound, don't waste your money on a kit.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Sport front grill looks miles better than the original & should be able to pick up a 2nd hand one for next to nothing. 172/182 steering wheel again another cheap mod and a lot better than stock. After that lowering springs and wheels job done.

How about some driver training with RoSPA or the Institute of Advanced Motorists?

You can apply that training to any car you drive, so it is a 'transferable mod' that will keep on giving back (while making you less likely to crash).

Listerine & Poledo
draw up a list of all the suggestions you find in this thread. Price them all up.
Take that price, save up the money....

....then sell this Clio and buy something else, a 182 or whatever.

Your car as it sits is worth more than if you get lured into "improving" it.

That said, tyres and cleaning is just servicing, and a set of good tyres will make a big difference. Going fast in a straight line is easy.