ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheapest/best way to replace rear bearings

172 & RSi
Basically, on of my rear bearings on the 172 has gone and its making a right fvckin racket as soon as I go over about 50mph, whining so loud its almost unbearable. Need to sort it asap but I'm just wondering the best/cheapest/easiest way to do it?

Would I be better just buying a bearing and getting it pressed in or is it easier to just buy a couple of new rear discs and fit them?

Where do I get the parts from as I'm not really sure what I'm looking for? Links to parts/prices would be very much appreciated.

Cheers :)

Meg 230 f1
U need to get some1 to press the bearings in mate so prob easier to get new discs, but if ur gonna change them might as well do the pads unless they are newish. From memory u need a 30 mm socket as well to get the disks off

Cup'd Monaco 172
Just pressed in a k-tec bearing. Fixed my nosiey bearing. Took 10tons and a blow lamp on the disc for 30mins before it budged.

172 & RSi
Mixed reactions then. Anyone got any links to where I can get cheaply the things I need, for either option really. I've heard of GSF car parts but don't know what I'm looking for tbh

Cheers

1.5dci
i had a bearin sorted 3 weeks back , part cost me 20£ from motor world or mainia etc .. n i found sum guy thru a mate hu charged me 40£, droped it off sunday night , picked it up monday afternoon ,

most other garages wanted fromm 100£ - 200 .. robbin tw*ts

172 & RSi
So I'd be better buying rear discs as a pair then I'm assuming. Would I need pads aswell?

Does anyone know the cheapest place to get them from?

Thanks

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Only Renault orginal ones come with the bearings pressed in

Ideally you'd get pads too, they aren't that much and don't need to be anything special for the rears.

They look like the right discs and seem very cheap, I paid much more than that and I seem to remember renault ones were more again something like £180 but I could be wrong.

172 cup
Did myne about 3 weeks ago. For the hassel i though i may aswell get new discs aswell £80 for new discs and bearings from sutton auto factors. Got a mate to press in bearings. Job done, and yer you may aswell do pads whilst your at it they only cost me another £10 for mintex. Didnt see point in going wild on pads in rear as they hardly do anything anyway