ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheaper option tan k tek for a engine conversion ?

Personally I would just buy a sport but if you must do a conversion the KTEC deal is a good one.

I agree, when you consider the amount of work/effort that is needed to source all the correct parts andget it running properly its really not to bad. I think people just assume that they unbolt the old engine and just drop a F4R in!

Exactly, you could probably save a small amount doing it yourself but its just not worth the hassle and the time off work lack of transport etc.
Its the electrical aspect thats complicated I believe. The other thing worth bearing in mind is im sure KTEC offer some form of warranty on their work so if something isn't quite right after a few weeks you can take it back and they will sort it. I reckon your bound to have a few niggles with a conversion like this so well worth the piece of mind.

I reckon with a lot of struggling and if I had access to all the nessasary tools and enough space I could do it, but wheather it would run afterwards is the million dollar question lol :p The thing that would concern me the most would be the wiring/immobiliser electronics etc...

As with everything you'd learn as you went along though

I think you need a 172 engine and loom and key etc for it to work, or you have to splice into the 1.2 loom, dropping it in is the easy bit, the electics are a nightmare apparently.

Black Gold with cup packs
save and pay ktec the 3 grand imo seems a good deal to me

would it be silly to take out a 3 grand loan and pay it off over the rest of the time im paying off my car ? all that for speed :) iv never actually been in a moving sport , speed , accelaration etc is their a massive difference from the 1.2 . im assuming its ALOT .

Kie1an I can pick you up one day and take you for a spin, there is a considerable difference.

Black Gold with cup packs
Changing the spark plugs, changing the oil filter, even changing a bloody headbulb, all these tasks are extreamly awkward and a potch in alot of Renaults, so I cannot imagine a full engine change being any different. They don't make things easy nowadays!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
matt sells the kit for £1500 (or it was at the time i was looking into it) but then remember to do the job properly, on top of that you need to add an aux belt kit, cambelt kit, oil, filter, plugs, gearbox oil, the list could be endless.

as said best bet if your not buying something else is get a full doner car, do the conversion then scrap the rest/sell whats left

172 FF
You really have to think about more than just changing the engine imo.
You are running 1.2 brakes, suspension etc.. , the car might feel a bit scary with only uprated engine.
Insurance would be crazy, that's assuming you are going to tell them. And if you don't then you are crazy.
Also when you come to sell it, you will have problems, because it's not a 1.2 & it's not a 172/182.

would that come to much cheaper than £3000 do you think ?

erm yeah... 3k is laughable.

2 live charged a mate of ours £200 to swap his valver engine for a Williams... I know the ancilliaries are the same but this gives you an idea

As said though, the amount of other bits not just in the engine you need will make it a totally pointless and expensive exercise. Buy a 1*2 instead.

Golf TDI
would it be silly to take out a 3 grand loan and pay it off over the rest of the time im paying off my car ? all that for speed :) iv never actually been in a moving sport , speed , accelaration etc is their a massive difference from the 1.2 . im assuming its ALOT .

Kie1an I can pick you up one day and take you for a spin, there is a considerable difference.

that would be great . if you ever had a bit of time spare or whatever . iv never been in one . would love to see the accelaration etc . pm me if you get a chance . :) thanks for the offer .

No chip, just makes it look like the companies are or have been at each others throats, which isn't the case as Andy and David have an excellent working relationship. Comments with no basis like that cause s**t on here as you know, mainly down to users believing everything they read and jumping on band wagons. It was a playful term though, hard to convey in written form (so I dont even try lol), but I'm always rude and obnoxious... with everyone... just people that know me dont take any of it seriously... even that southern shandy Fred gets me ;)

Focus RS mk1
No chip, just makes it look like the companies are or have been at each others throats, which isn't the case as Andy and David have an excellent working relationship. Comments with no basis like that cause s**t on here as you know, mainly down to users believing everything they read and jumping on band wagons. It was a playful term though, hard to convey in written form (so I dont even try lol), but I'm always rude and obnoxious... with everyone... just people that know me dont take any of it seriously... even that southern shandy Fred gets me ;)

but what is the point of being rude and obnoxious to everyone? why dnt you just make your point without the abuse??

ITB'd MK1

but what is the point of being rude and obnoxious to everyone? why dnt you just make your point without the abuse??

because he loves the c**k ;)

It's just forum banter, I've never known a forum without it, and TBH it'd be fairly dull on most forums if you couldn't question parentage & sexual preferences and instruct to go forth and replicate periodically lol

M2 Competition

He has a small willy, humour him...

;)

are you on your period?

I'm amazed how sensitive people on here are... then again it's a Clio forum. This has confirmed it. I'm taking steel underwear to Clio meets from now on :butt:

Peperami is of course on the money... well almost. 'Tiny' would be a more accurate depiction ;)

are you on your period?

I'm amazed how sensitive people on here are... then again it's a Clio forum. This has confirmed it. I'm taking steel underwear to Clio meets from now on :butt:

Peperami is of course on the money... well almost. 'Tiny' would be a more accurate depiction ;)

Hmmmmmmm....

Your a nice lad really just sometimes some of the comments you make get on everyones tits! Mainly when certain companies involved (I'm sure you know where I'm getting at so I will go no further) your techincal knowledge is pretty good though bill ;) One love

Golf TDI
agreed about the conversion price :) tbh i think im on the look out for a 172 cup ;) cheers ^^^ for the advice etc .

Focus RS mk1

are you on your period?

coming to think about it i have had the same tampon in for couple of days how long has yours been?
im not sensitive just simply asking a question but by looking at your reaction to my post and others then maybe its us who should be wearing the steel underwear and not you

Golf TDI
i know this thread is pretty over and done with but iv spoke to k tec today just for some info on the engine conversion and they tell me they would need my car in their garage for 2 weeks ! also my car is currently lowered 60 mm on springs and they say they change my suspension etc to 172/182 suspension . i asked and they said i wouldnt be able to use my springs etc so the car would no longer be lowered . would these mean i would have to get coilovers that fir a sport ? but they not gna change the rear i dont think :S how does that work .

Golf TDI
yeh theres bloody tons of knowledge on here , thats why i come online . But i work too many hours , have nowhere to put my car , and dont have half the tools needed . K tec is the best option for me . I might give them a ring next week .

Golf TDI
the car is overdue a sevice now , cambelt etc . its MOT is up in september so tbh i think im changing the engine , does this mean i wont need a service now ?