ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap Track car 182 BG

182BG / Silver182
image1.JPG
Hi all just recently brought a 182 for a cheap track car/mid life crisis as my wife calls it, even tho my daily is an Pulsar Gti-R.
Its has K-tec Exhaust, Ram Air panel Filter, so need a few more bits.
Currently working in South Africa till Jan, so stacking up parts at my mates house.

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
Currently working in South Africa till Jan, so stacking up parts at my mates house.

I assume so your wife doesn't find out!

I got a 182 for the reasons last year and only done two track days so far but loving every minute so far.

182BG / Silver182
I assume so your wife doesn't find out!

I got a 182 for the reasons last year and only done two track days so far but loving every minute so far.

Yes that's exactly the reason lol what she don't know wont hurt her..
I cant wait to get back in January and get a track day booked, never done one before so should be a good learning experience.
What tracks did you do ???

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Yes that's exactly the reason lol what she don't know wont hurt her..
I cant wait to get back in January and get a track day booked, never done one before so should be a good learning experience.
What tracks did you do ???

Bedford is a good place to start :up:

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
been told that a few times but its quite far away, was thinking brands.

It’s two hours from London.

And as a first time circuit it’s perfect because there’s very little to hit should you come off the track.

It’ll be a lot cheaper than Brands too.

Gc8

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182FF
Looks exactly like the one I bought earlier in the year when I had my mid life crisis.. Ended up spending a fair bit on it but still one of the best things I've ever done..

182BG / Silver182
Looks exactly like the one I bought earlier in the year when I had my mid life crisis.. Ended up spending a fair bit on it but still one of the best things I've ever done..
Yeah it already looks like im going to be spending a fair bit on it, the list is just getting longer

Gc8

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182FF
Before you spend too much on mods get it out on track. You'll get a better idea of what you need and you can get some tuition.

First time out at Brands in June I thought i was pretty good. Second time out I got some tuition and realised I was totally sh1t. Amazing what difference 20 mins of being taught what to do makes..

You won't regret getting the car though. Actually my only regret is I didnt do it earlier...

182BG / Silver182
Before you spend too much on mods get it out on track. You'll get a better idea of what you need and you can get some tuition.

First time out at Brands in June I thought i was pretty good. Second time out I got some tuition and realised I was totally sh1t. Amazing what difference 20 mins of being taught what to do makes..

You won't regret getting the car though. Actually my only regret is I didnt do it earlier...
Only brought springs discs and pads, plus engine and dogbone bushes.
Tuition is a good plan thanks, probably be the best money I spend tbh

330i. E30 Touring.
Start with 15" wheels as tyres are a f**k load cheaper.

Then tuition. Brands is a fine place to start mate, as long as you take it easy while you build up confidence.

Reactions: Gc8
  182BG / Silver182
Start with 15" wheels as tyres are a f**k load cheaper.

Then tuition. Brands is a fine place to start mate, as long as you take it easy while you build up confidence.
Been looking for a used set of 15"s but cant seem to find anything just yet, Brands will probably be the track I go as its only an 45mins for me.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
been told that a few times but its quite far away, was thinking brands.
If you go to Brands, may tag along if the price is right and you want the Company. Lydden (nr Dover) for meon Saturday, 8x 20 min sesh's
Brands does 2 hr evening events, but their prices seem to have gone up a bit in the last year

182BG / Silver182
If you go to Brands, may tag along if the price is right and you want the Company. Lydden (nr Dover) for meon Saturday, 8x 20 min sesh's
Brands does 2 hr evening events, but their prices seem to have gone up a bit in the last year
its going to be a few months before im back in the country chris but your more than welcome to join me then. How was Lydden?

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
its going to be a few months before im back in the country chris but your more than welcome to join me then. How was Lydden?

Yep- see you at Brands next year then
Ive got a Brands day booked November now, will be my last before next Spring
Lydden was great, my best track contribution by far. Had some ex pro giving me tips round the track, and we had a little game of tag round the course at the end of the day
Just realised how chewed up my front AD08r's are- theyre mashed.

182BG / Silver182
Yep- see you at Brands next year then
Ive got a Brands day booked November now, will be my last before next Spring
Lydden was great, my best track contribution by far. Had some ex pro giving me tips round the track, and we had a little game of tag round the course at the end of the day
Just realised how chewed up my front AD08r's are- theyre mashed.
Yeah defiantly, Sounds like you had good fun at Lydden.
Let me know how brands goes in November