ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

chassis set up, where to start??

Clio 182 Cup
I am the new owner of a 182 CUP, and intend on doing a few track days in it, but it's also going to remain my daily driver, so I can't go too harsh with it.

Where would you recommend starting? It has nearly 90k miles on it, so I was thinking polybush the front and rear ARB (not sure on the set up of these yet) maybe stiffer/thicker ARB/s. What other bush's would you change, that can be done DIY.

I'm going to follow this up with a proper alignment session.

The brakes are horrendous, and fade after 2 or three good applications, so I'm thinking, new discs/pads and fluid. Any recommendations on what you guys are using at the moment.

Any other tips that would get me started would be great.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
It's a perfectly capable car as Renault built it, however you'll have a lot of worn parts at 90k. Is all the suspension original?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I would start with springs, solid top mounts and then polybush's and if possible a whiteline rear anti roll bar

As for brakes i would start with brembo HC or MAX discs and some braided brake lines and a decent sent of pads