ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing The Rear Pads/Discs - RS 200

RS 200
Hi Guys,

I plan to undertake this task on Saturday but wanted to get your advice before doing so...

I have ordered the following from K-Tec - http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=4903&appid=3

I have searched the forum for a guide on this but the only guide seems to be a link to another website but the website link is broken i.e. cannot be viewed. Are any of you able to point me in the right direction?

If there is no guide is anyone able to give me some pointers? e.g. tricky bits, what parts I will require (I assume the brake kit I purchased will suffice?), tips for a professional job... you get the gist!

Thanks in advance
Will

MartinL1993

ClioSport Moderator
Pretty straightforward to be honest
2 bolts hold the calliper on from memory that bolt into the sliders for the calliper so you'll need a socket on the bolt and a spanner to stop the sliders spinning
You can test the sliders for free moving once the calliper is off if they feel okay don't touch them otherwise you can pull them out and grease them!
Make sure you clean all surfaces where the pads and calipers meet and copper grease including the backs of the pads to stop sqealing
I'm sure you'll need a piston rewind tool but not sure if there's a workaround for this @Knuckles
That's about it really just keep an eye on fluid level as you push the pistons back in as I've had it where it's nearly overflowed due to someone over filling!!

RS 200
Pretty straightforward to be honest
2 bolts hold the calliper on from memory that bolt into the sliders for the calliper so you'll need a socket on the bolt and a spanner to stop the sliders spinning
You can test the sliders for free moving once the calliper is off if they feel okay don't touch them otherwise you can pull them out and grease them!
Make sure you clean all surfaces where the pads and calipers meet and copper grease including the backs of the pads to stop sqealing
I'm sure you'll need a piston rewind tool but not sure if there's a workaround for this @Knuckles
That's about it really just keep an eye on fluid level as you push the pistons back in as I've had it where it's nearly overflowed due to someone over filling!!
Thanks! I think i've got it - just wanted to check there were no hidden nasties!!!!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
If they're anything like the mk2 Megane 225/R26 rear brakes, then winding the piston back can be tight as f**k!