ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing Start Motor

1.2 16V Dynamique
Morning guys and girls,

My starter motor has decided that its had enough and is wallowing in self pity so I have to get rid of it. Am I right in saying it's basically two bolts and the electrical socket to gain access? (Mk2 ph2 2003 1.2)

Cheers in advance :D

1.2 16V Dynamique
Changed starter motor... Nothing different. Battery seems to be draining too, as I can't lock the car anymore. Any suggestions? Earthing perhaps?

172 Ph1
Are you sure it wasn't just the battery at fault in the first place, a lot of starters get replaced for just a battery fault.

1.2 16V Dynamique
Possibly the battery, although I did have it checked over and it was producing a medium-pitch grinding/whining sound with the old motor before dying. Now there is a tick sometimes when turning it over, other times absolutely nothing. I hope it's the battery - it's still on the manufacturers original, so maybe time for a change!

1.2 16V Dynamique
SORTED! If anyone wanted to know;

New Starter Motor, Flooded Engine, ECU Reset, New Battery :D Cheers for the help guys and girls