ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing seats

Clio 2008
Hi

Totally new to clios ( and driving ) I've just purchased a clio 1.2 extreme new shape (2008). It seems pretty basic inside and would like to add some style to it. Does anyone know if you can replace the current seats ( grey with blue detail ) with that of the recent facelift version, without too much hassle ?

Clio 2008
imagejpg1_zps84416c95.jpg

imagejpg3_zps894a7e7a.jpg

imagejpg2_zps89be95e5.jpg

these are the seats I'm looking to buy ^^^

imagejpg1_zps78f96e44.jpg

imagejpg3_zpsa21bba63.jpg

and these are the seats currently installed ^^^

does anyone know if the seats I'm looking to buy will fit ? Don't want to buy them and find out they won't. The bottom bench looks the exact shape, but as the back rest is one whole piece and the ones I'm looking at are in 2 pieces I'm unsure as to if they will go in with not much hassle.

has anyone done this before ?

Clio 197 RB
I haven't done this but I would have thought the rear bench would be standard and fit. Any model. Could be wrong though

Clio 2008
My front seats haven't arrived as yet, but I am searching for a step by step guide on how to remove and install the seats. I'm a bit worried the airbags will deploy and with a brand new seat, I don't want in ruining. Some threads say to disconnect the battery, and other say not too.

if anyone has done this and has any advice, please let me know :0)

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
You don't need to wait. Just unplug the battery and unplug them.

They aren't as fragile as people think.

Scrap my instructions you've got a newer car and have no idea where the bolts are! imagine its the same as a ph2 though

Last edited: