ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing pads myself (invalidate warranty

Even if you swop to aftermarket pads all they can do warently wise is refuse any work for which the pads are to blame for and I cannot see any problem caused by aftermarket pads (disks exempt but then again disk arnt covered anyway).

Youll have no problems changing the pads to whatever make you want. Pads from Renault will be quite expensive, so may as well take the opportunity to get some uprated pads in there.

Brake pads are a consumable on the car so they cant really take an issue with it in the same way they arent likely to refuse to warranty the car becasue you fitted different tyres etc.

Besides that, the law changed recently to favour the consumer; you can have the car serviced at an independent garage and it wont affect your warranty but a Renault dealer wouldnt want this fact shouted.

Just as another note, can reno complain about you changing any parts if they are better than what they fit e.g. panel filters

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 24 January 2005
Yes, of course. If parts are not oe, then they always have a get out clause.

Then why do so many ppl fit after market filters, and then tell them when they have it serviced. I know they save a few quid, but wouldnt it be better just to put the original back in for the service and then swap them back.

Lionel Richie

f**k Renault, change them to whatever you like, all they can invalidate is the parts and associated components, to be fair brakes on the Renaults are about the only things that do work!!!