ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing Knock sensor, advice/ help

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
Hey guys going to be changing the knock sensor on my 172 in the next few days, Any tips on what i need / how to go about it?
I had a quick look at it the other day and i think its a 24mm socket / spanner, just wandering as its tight in there how everyone else has gone about it? Spanner / deep socket does it help to have anything else removed except the fuel rail guard etc?

Also I remember reading somewhere that knock sensors should be done to a specific torque to be effective, to tight / too loose they dont work properly so does anyone know the proper torque for a 172?

Thanks in advance guys

RacingBlue + IceBurg
Out of curiosity mate... Why u changing urs? Cos it had the error code when u plugged th car in or cos of symptoms? If so what symptoms have u got?

It's nice and easy, I took the fuel rail guard off and the cable that plugs into the sensor. Loosened it with and spanner and undid it by hand. Put the new one in hand tight and just 'nipped' it up with the spanner. All very precise :)

My symptoms included hesitancy at high revs. Hope this helps!

RacingBlue + IceBurg
Tidy. Mines hesitant and has a misfire once warmed up. EML came on and had it plugged, said random misfire and knock sensor something or other. Can't remember lol changed coilpack, leads etc prior to reading. So hopefully this sorts it. Doin my head in now lol