ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing Gear knob how easy?

mk2 Pre f/l - Keeks
The mk2 (though possibly others as well) has the gear knob glued on. I'd spent hours twisting, pulling and swearing to no avail. Messy work and very painfull if you catch your fingers like I did, but the best way I can reccomend is chopping it all off. slice off the top of the origional gk and keep taking it down untill you hit the metal (trust me, you will be able to tell the difference, dont worry) then work your way round taking chunk after chunk off and you will get down to a plasticy bit glued onto the shaft, same thing again, go round breaking it off bit by bit. After that, its just a case of following the instructions that came with the replacement then have fun with a hoover.

Time consuming for such a small change but it makes the world of difference to both appearance and shifting feel.

1.2 16v clio
Cheers guys....looks like I am going to be having fun with the hacksaw and hoover then haha