ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing Dephaser pully without changing timing belt?

Clio 182
Got my timing belt and water pump changed a couple months ago. It looks like my dephaser is on its way out (Sounds like a diesel when warmed up). Can it be changed without changing the timing belt again?

330i. E30 Touring.
Have to remove the cambelt to change the dephaser pulley.

If you retime the old belt, you're asking for problems.

If you got the kit changed a couple of months ago, just get a new belt. If you just got the belt changed last time (unlikely) then replace the whole cb kit.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Its a strange one really, because there is no reason that undoing and then redoing the belt should make the slightest difference to it, its not like its going to suddenly break because you released and re-applied the tension, the force involved is tiny compared to the huge amount of tension its under to open the valves at 7K rpm, but for peace of mind I would still replace it anyway despite knowing there is no real "need" to do so.

172, Tiguan
I've got a gates belt in the garage. It's new and unused but the box is a bit ratty. £25 delivered? Pm me.