ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing belts on a 197

Clio 1970000000
I have just been reading some other threads about 182 owners having a 36k service and the belts changed at the same time.

Does anyone know the interval for changing belts on a 197? It's probably in the manual but that's at home and I am at work.

Barge
Same, 36k or 5 years (whichever comes first) aux belt and 72k/5 years cam belt. Same whichever is first rule applies.

EDIT: Beaten to it.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Same, 36k or 5 years (whichever comes first) aux belt and 72k/5 years cam belt. Same whichever is first rule applies.

EDIT: Beaten to it.

speaking to birchdown its a fair bit cheaper than the 182 change...

Steve

Clio 1970000000
My 197 is 3 years old but has done 40k miles. I assume that I have 2 years or 30k miles before the belts need doing.

Barge
If it's on 40k, your aux should've been done at 36k. Regardless of the fact that it's not 5 years old yet.

Most get to 5 years old before 72k so that's why a lot of 182 are getting changed together.

I'm pretty sure the manual suggests a change at 36k for aux on the 197.

Barge
I always thought it was power steering/air con and the likes. I might be being an idiot there mind. LOL.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
nope the 197 doesn't need its aux belt at 36k.

I had VAST investigation into that fact. it was certain 182's had to have it done at 36k, whereas other 182's where 72k/5 years for both.

it was all very odd.

I got it from Jeremy Townsend in the end after I went direct to Renault UK.

Barge
Oooft. 5 years it is then, unless you get to 70k before that Marv! That's lucky. I'm sure I looked through the service book and it said it had to be done. Jezza T ought to know his stuff.

RB 197 fatty
so, im getting mine serviced in the next few weeks being 3 years old next month and on 35000 miles almost....should or does it get checked or is it down to the owner just wanting piece of mind???

Lionel Richie
aux belt - aka accessory belt (powers the alternator, PAS, waterpump etc)

on a 197 it powers the alternator and aircon pump

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I got kev to change mine at 36k. Piece of mind, and not a big job