ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing back to standard airbox from ktec induction kit...

Clio 172
When fitting my ktec induction kit the standard cold air feed split so just pulled it out (now u/s)

I think I am going to refit the standard airbox, its just to loud for me.

Does the standard box need that cold air feed connected or can I run it without? I can't seem to find just that pipe online and if I don't need it won't replace it. Cheers all.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Off topic. But did you notice any damage on underside of the induction kit when you removed it? Cheers.

Clio 172
Not removed it yet, will be at the weekend. Bit disappointed by it but its just me as I know a lot if people love em. Has anyone got a link to the Renault one to buy or a suitable replacement?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Check the car parts for sale section and put up a wanted thread. There will be loads floating around, no need to buy one from Renault.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Disappointed? How so? Its an induction kit that actually makes power, what were you expecting? I run one and don't find it to loud, however I don't drive everywhere with my foot to the floor so it rarely chewbacca's at me.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Let me know when you remove it if you can. I'm still to fit mine and have heard a few stories of cable from battery damaging underside of hose.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Let me know when you remove it if you can. I'm still to fit mine and have heard a few stories of cable from battery damaging underside of hose.

Im not one to defend K-tec's products as they are normally very overpriced, however, wtf are you on about?

Clio 172
I only drive to work and back in the week but we live in a very hilly area and I find putting your foot down a little to power up the hill just produces noise but no real advantage in everyday driving. I prob am the wrong audience for it tbh. I simply prefer the quieter standard noise you get when driving hard.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Im not one to defend K-tec's products as they are normally very overpriced, however, wtf are you on about?

Have a search on here. There's a few threads/posts on it. I'm not making it up.

I shall try and find it.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I only drive to work and back in the week but we live in a very hilly area and I find putting your foot down a little to power up the hill just produces noise but no real advantage in everyday driving. I prob am the wrong audience for it tbh. I simply prefer the quieter standard noise you get when driving hard.

Good answer, sounds like a standard filter is a good bet in that case.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Cheers Liam. I wasn't lying ;)

Greeny, I bet if you take yours off and have a look you will see what I mean.

320d
I had a ktec "style" IK on my car for a bit. I took it off though as I was doing my head in with the roar. Bearing in mind I run a decatted exhaust system and that doesn't irritate me at all.

Don't know why I didn't like the cone filter on the Clio. I loved the one on my MX5.

Mine is also rubbing on the wiring harness and plastic harness clamp underneath it!! imo they need 10mm taking off the part that fits over the TB..

Makes a great noise but have seen better products from poundland.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Can someone link me one of these threads? Cant see to find any and im interested now!

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Mines still not come Martin. Even though I've called last week on Monday and they said possibly end of last week. If not deffo this week. Over a month now.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Can someone link me one of these threads? Cant see to find any and im interested now!

I cant remember any threads i seen it in but the other week when k had my inlet off i noticed it had started to melt through.
Might have to cut some away from the joint to the TB so the silicone has a bit of clearance.

Clio 172
I found the fit over the throttle body to be poor and fairly hard to fit. Considering its cost i was not expecting to have to make alternations.

The pipe from the filter to the box was badly finished and I had to square up the to make it fit correctly as it was very poorly cut. I also don't like the pressure it seems to be putting on the wires coming from the ECU.

Not normally one to mention/review products but it might prove useful for future buyers

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I know ye it's bad. I might ask for money back if its not come by Friday.

I know ye it's bad. I might ask for money back if its not come by Friday.
problem is the company that makes the hoses only runs 1 colour at a time so they'll do however many ordered in blue then once they've been done they'll move on to say yellow and so on

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ye I understand that. But they should keep stock of all colours or advertise the product as out of stock.
Last week they claimed they had just got off the phone with the hose company and they were making the blue hoses as we speak. That was last Monday.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
When fitting my ktec induction kit the standard cold air feed split so just pulled it out (now u/s)

I think I am going to refit the standard airbox, its just to loud for me.

Does the standard box need that cold air feed connected or can I run it without? I can't seem to find just that pipe online and if I don't need it won't replace it. Cheers all.

What colour hose is it? My pal will buy it if u sell it hes been after one for ages

2004 Clio RS 182
QUOTE=cswalmsley;9262669]Mines still not come Martin. Even though I've called last week on Monday and they said possibly end of last week. If not deffo this week. Over a month now.[/QUOTE]

Im in same boat mate, keep getting told it will be the next week and so on.

Not good!

Clio 172
y8y2egy6.jpg

That one. I wanted blue but did not have any stock. No email or phone call to let me me know, just a long wait and taking the money. In the end had to call to be told they won't have any blue in stock for ages! Settled for red. I do like it in red as it happens.

It will be for sale at the weekend. Cheers.