ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing Aux belt, Help, Advice, Tips?

Hi.

I want to change the aux belt (Fan belt) on my 172 cup as im told they shoul be changed at 36k, could anyone offer any advice, diagrams etc etc?

Any help/advice appreciated.

Cheers,

Ian

Ph1
Its a **** of a job best left to folk who know what there doing. One mistake could cost you your engine if you dont do it right

Thats on a FF mind

titanium 182,
remove front bumper
remove o/s/f headlamp
remove the soundproofing next to belt 2 plastic clipps remove engine mount
and rest engine on a jack with soft padding then the fun starts youll need a 3/8 square to pull back the tensioner but believe me unless youve done it befrore i wouldnt even bother attempting it

doh, ive got aircon on my cup!

Was hoping you guys was gona say just slacken altonator remove belt, fit new one tighten altonater and job done, lol!

Doh, thats obviously why renault want 238 quid, shame as belt is only 20.

RB 182
I had a peek when my 182 was all jacked up... There isn't much room with the aircon. They use a long cranked tool to pivot the tensioner so doing it but hand with a simple socket set wont work IMO.

Abarth 500 Essesse
getting mine done at hill power in derby £146 as belt kit has just gone down in price by about 30 quid

ph1 172 Black
Sound right price. With club discount etc. Money worth spending as it can take out your cam belt.

ph1 172 Black
Thats good. Think you get 10%. Mention it when you go and he will round price off to a nice fiqure. Escpecially if cash.