ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing a front brake caliper

RenaultSport 172
I've got to change one of my front calipers as one of the sliders has seized. Got myself a replacement caliper from ebay.
Changing the caliper over is easy peasy, but I've never touched brake lines before.
I assume I can swap the brake line over without losing a load of fluid. Then just open the bleed nozzle til some comes out and job done?

Any tips or tricks I should be aware of?

Just want to be sure in case I cause any issues

LY FF182
Put a clamp on the rubber brake line.. Stops fluid loss. Then bleeding is quicker after.. Otherwise bolt off bolt on job

RenaultSport 172
I have braided lines. I was planning on swapping it really quickly after I've bolted the new caliper on

172/1.2/E30
Swap it quickly (press and block the brake pedal pressed down before removing the line) and bleed your complete system with some fresh ATE super blue.

RenaultSport 172
Swap it quickly (press and block the brake pedal pressed down before removing the line) and bleed your complete system with some fresh ATE super blue.

I have some RBF600 but I don't feel confident bleeding brakes. I'm waiting for the next time it goes to the garage for that.

106GTI / NovaC20LET
If you can't bleed brakes you can't change the caliper it will be potentially very dangerous left unbled.

Ps. Just bleed them its a absolute piece of piss lol, changing the calipers is a lot harder and that saying something lol.

RenaultSport 172
Obviously ill bleed the caliper I'm changing, I just meant I won't be bleeding the whole system and replacing the fluid

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Either bleed full system or take it to a garage to have everything done or your gonna be waving bye bye to your clio and hello to tasty insurance premiums. It honestly is a piece of piss lol, get one of your mates to pump the pedal while you work your way round to the car starting with rear n/s as its furthest from the master cylinder.

Its actually quite laughable that you would change your own caliper but straight up refuse to bleed breaks lmao, might aswell not bother you will be making the car 100 times more dangerous.