ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing 182 exhaust tips

205 GTI, Clio 182
I dislike the tiny look of the stock exhaust tips. I find them a bit too thick rimmed, and love this sort of look:

ad30ec81.jpg

Is there any way to fit aftermarket tips? I am overseas atm so can't go and check my car out :p

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
ahh thats more like it, and if your after tips alone most custom exhausts places, or any goo garage can cut your existing tips on and re weld new ones. saves buying a full system that way

205 GTI, Clio 182
So save a completely new muffler, what's involved in changing JUST the tips? Can the existing tips be taken off without cutting, or are they welded on?

b/g 182, meg tourer
i bet all standard 182 exhausts will be full of holes and rotten by now. best to just replace the whole system from the cat back. the one you liked the look of in the pic is a miltek. the rim on them is still quite thick tho.

you could just cut the tailpipes off and weld new ones on, yes, but not much point at all in my opinion.

205 GTI, Clio 182
i bet all standard 182 exhausts will be full of holes and rotten by now. best to just replace the whole system from the cat back. the one you liked the look of in the pic is a miltek. the rim on them is still quite thick tho.

you could just cut the tailpipes off and weld new ones on, yes, but not much point at all in my opinion.
Noted. I will check my exhaust extensively when I get a chance, but in Aus we haven't had many cases of exhaust rot like you UK guys (in fact I've never heard of anyone here having it), perhaps due to the drier weather. That said, maybe it is on it's way out and a new exhaust is on the cards.

b/g 182, meg tourer
thats true, the lovely wet weather here in the uk might not help the exhausts rotting. mine was 2 years old and had 3 holes in it! give it a check over for leaks, thick rust etc. if it has a leak you might aswell stick an aftermarket system on there to be honest.
i have a miltek (like christophers in the pic) and it has had the centre section removed and a straight pipe fitted instead. sounds a bit more raspy as the miltek is quite a subtle sound normally. its not too loud in the car at all but it makes a nice sound outside of it :)