ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changed spark plugs now 172 will not fire up

ph2 172
Changed the plugs and leads on my Ph2 172 earlier.

First time i turned the key afterwards it fired up fine and ran smooth. Now it won't even crank and the clock has reset itself. It clicks as if the starter motor is trying to engage but that is it.

So is the battery knackered or have i missed something obvious which is causing a problem?

Any useful help is welcome,
Cheers Phil

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Changed the plugs and leads on my Ph2 172 earlier.

First time i turned the key afterwards it fired up fine and ran smooth. Now it won't even crank and the clock has reset itself. It clicks as if the starter motor is trying to engage but that is it.

So is the battery knackered or have i missed something obvious which is causing a problem?

Any useful help is welcome,
Cheers Phil
Got a multimeter to check battery voltage?

ph2 172
Was the battery. Unplugging stuff must of discharged it and it wouldn't fire. Now runs smooth and throttle response is back to normal

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
its worth checking that your earth strap isn't loose either as that can causes the same symptoms.