ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changed my pollen filter. Spot the difference!

Arctic 182 Cup
Hi all,

Changed my pollen filter the other day as I didn't know if the previous owners had changed it. Can you spot the difference?

DSC00017.jpg
DSC00016.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
My ones actually getting replaced today. I don't think it'll be quite as bad as that! :eek:

Westy. MX5
They do get blocked up quick don't they, changed my Fabia filter recently and the A/C works a treat now. Does a 172 Cup with non A/C have a pollen filter?

Arctic 182 Cup
Why was this thread moved to "Engine, Gearbox, Exhausts & Running Gear" when it has nothing to do with engines, gearboxes, exhausts or running gear? :lolup:

I guess 172 cup owners just have to inhale all of that pollution and pollen !

1.5dci
They do get blocked up quick don't they, changed my Fabia filter recently and the A/C works a treat now. Does a 172 Cup with non A/C have a pollen filter?

Non-sports without aircon still has one fitted, it only takes a minute to check it anyways

Mk5 golf gti
90% of the ones i change look like that

for some reason people dont change them

every clio ive had has been on the original pollen filter, i always change them as soon as i service them

BG PH1 Megane 225
I had my air-con re-gassed not long ago and being honest it isn't as cold as I thought it was going to be, can changing the pollen filter improve it? Or is the system generally not very good in the first place?

Mk5 golf gti
the clio has the newer type of aircon system so that it doesnt drain fuel like old sysytems

the old systems run at like 1-2 degrees whereas the one on your clio is more like 8 IIRC

so they are not mega cold, pollen filter wont make it colder

BG PH1 Megane 225
Ah right, I won't bother rushing out to replace my current one then if it won't do anything. Last time I looked at it, it was pretty clean anyway.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Is there a little guide to replacing this? I live around the corner from a GSF and I'd like to make sure my hayfever is under control.

monaco 172
Iirc all you have to do is pull up the grill under the drivers side windscreen wiper and you will see it in there. Took me about 2 minutes to do

Arctic 182 Cup
Iirc all you have to do is pull up the grill under the drivers side windscreen wiper and you will see it in there. Took me about 2 minutes to do

Yep. Couple of plastic clips and 1 plastic screw to remove the driver's side scuttle panel (bottom of the windscreen)

Then it's one screw to get into the pollen filter housing. Easy to do

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
One of the vans at work had a fault with the blowers, wouldn't work. They are serviced by a pikey when out of warranty. Fella who's van it is was getting irate, so had a look himself. Removed said pollen filter, poof, fan start working! Just goes to show how blocked it must have been!