ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changed inlets car wont start :s

Phase 2 172
Today me and frazjam change my upper inlet on ma phase 2 172. We stripped everything off top inlet and every thing off the bottom one to but decided against changing it untill i get a cup alt setup. Put everything back on fuel rail all hoses throttle body airbox and sensors. Started the car was idoling quite high and reving itself. I drove for five mins and the car cut out. Tried to start it and wouldnt start. Got towed back to frasers. Checked we had connected everything back up properly still wouldnt start so we stripped it down put it all back together still nothing. Also noticed a little oil on the throttle body and induction bend. So we took the inlet off put the original one back on and still the same. It sounds like it wants to start but just wont fire. Anyone had anything like this?

53 Clio's & counting
First thing first, pop the inlet pipe off the tb, turn on the ignition and press the throttle - check the tb is moving, just no take that out the equiasion.

If it is reving iself it has to be a sensor issue - normally id say air is getting in somewhere (Which can cause high idle/revving) but with it cutting out and not starting id say something has worked loose/has failed

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
With the car revving by itself, I'd be looking for air leaks. Make sure all the gaskets are sitting properly. Check the TB is actually opening as it should too.

Last edited:

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
With the revving high...I found that a few of the bolts (ones that bolt the bottom and top) were longer and I'd put in the wrong holes accidentally causing it to pull the top inlet up slightly (due to bolt bottoming out) and thus, causing an air leak!

may help?