ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

changed fuel rail now fuel pump doesnt prime?

997.1, Caddy, e208
Not sure if they're related..

A friend has had some issues with his 182 for a while now (limp home mode, heartbeat, cutting out)

I've replaced the coil pack, throttle body with no luck previously. He got a P0302 code one time so we replaced the fuel rail today with one from my spare 172 -

I removed the 30A fuse, disconnected the cable from the coil pack and turned the car over to depressurise the fuel line - removed/replaced the whole fuel rail and injectors - greased up the injectors o-rings so they went in fairly easily.

Put the coil pack lead back on, replaced the 30A fuse and reconnected the battery. At first the car would just click, left it for 5 minutes and it fired up.

Took it for a little drive and it cut out (heartbeat sensor) and now when we turn the key it just clicks. The fuel pump doesnt appear to prime, I had no multimeter to test if it was getting 12v, going back tomorrow with jump leads, a battery charger, multimeter and a hooky clip.

Anyone have any ideas what might have caused it?

997.1, Caddy, e208
Turned out to be a flat battery. Heh.

Ran Clip on the car and limp home mode is being thrown up because of DF129 - Incoherence between throttle track 1 and track 2 :(

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Ran Clip on the car and limp home mode is being thrown up because of DF129 - Incoherence between throttle track 1 and track 2 :(

Then that's your problem... inconsistent values between the two pedal tracks. You need to scope the two tracks and see if its a spurious signal (Pedal fault most likely cause) or values out side expected ranges (Most likely due to a wiring or connection fault)

Mick

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I can't honestly answer that as a definative yeah (but most likely yes)